Good Gear

Old October 3rd 05, 10:18 PM

Default Good Gear

As most skiers, I don't have too much cash, but I love new gear. What
is a bumb to do? Get a job? Yes, I have one, no I don't have much cash
to spare. I have been searching on Ebay, but I haven't found too many
good deals on ski gear. I just cam across 2 spots to find good gear
cheap. The first is on the tgr message board (www.tetongravity.com) and
the other is a site called www.geartrade.com. The tgr message board is
full of ski bumbs who never pay retail, and there is a ton of gear on
their forum, but it is not very organized. The other site
www.geartrade.com is basically an online outdoor gear swap. It is super
easy to sign up and buy gear direct from folks like us. There is a ton
of apparel, but not too many skis. Either way, both are great for
finding deals. Thought I'd give a heads up to all the skiers out there

Old October 3rd 05, 10:58 PM
VtSkier

As most skiers, I don't have too much cash, but I love new gear. What
is a bumb to do? Get a job? Yes, I have one, no I don't have much cash
to spare. I have been searching on Ebay, but I haven't found too many
good deals on ski gear. I just cam across 2 spots to find good gear
cheap. The first is on the tgr message board (
www.tetongravity.com) and
the other is a site called www.geartrade.com. The tgr message board is
full of ski bumbs who never pay retail, and there is a ton of gear on
their forum, but it is not very organized. The other site
www.geartrade.com is basically an online outdoor gear swap. It is super
easy to sign up and buy gear direct from folks like us. There is a ton
of apparel, but not too many skis. Either way, both are great for
finding deals. Thought I'd give a heads up to all the skiers out there

In addition to the sources you have come up with,
add:
Local ski swaps. The Killington Ski Club runs a
huge one which is happening this weekend at
Snowshed lodge. I'll be there.

Okemo also has one around Thanksgiving.

Typical ski shops who offer demos. Last
year's demo skis can often be had for a song
and include bindings.

VtSkier
Old October 4th 05, 01:09 AM
bumpfreaq

Add steepandcheap.com to your resources. Everyday they have one deal.
Today is Atomic M:EX Puls Ti Alpine Ski for $225.

Chris

Old October 4th 05, 10:05 AM
ant

The other site
www.geartrade.com is basically an online outdoor gear swap. It is
super easy to sign up and buy gear direct from folks like us. There
is a ton of apparel, but not too many skis.

If you're after cheap new skis, there's a mob on Ebay called Denver
Wholesale Skis. Some weird old stuff, but some up to date stuff too, at
pretty good prices.

--
ant

Noquemanon 2005 delltodd Nordic Skiing 5 February 1st 05 05:17 AM
Vordenberg & US Ski Team Clinic @ Gear West p.bowen Nordic Skiing 1 July 5th 04 07:41 PM
Good skiing closish to Boston or New York for day trip. Greg Hilton Alpine Skiing 9 February 14th 04 07:59 PM
Good day skiing closish to New York/Boston? Greg Hilton Alpine Skiing 6 February 14th 04 04:42 AM