So far OT, it's about basketball.....

Old April 23rd 05, 01:26 AM
bdubya

Default So far OT, it's about basketball.....

If anybody catches the Pistons/Sixers game tomorrow, keep an eye on
the seventh row behind the left-hand basket (by the Sixers' bench) on
your screen....a couple of faces there might be familiar to certain
Tan-O-Rama vets and gracious Alpine Meadows hosts....

b "no, it doesn't stand for Ben Wallace" w
Old April 23rd 05, 05:01 AM
lal_truckee

bdubya wrote:
If anybody catches the Pistons/Sixers game tomorrow, keep an eye on
the seventh row behind the left-hand basket (by the Sixers' bench) on
your screen....a couple of faces there might be familiar to certain
Tan-O-Rama vets and gracious Alpine Meadows hosts...

Don't have a TV.
Have fun.

(Are the Pistons the only NBA team still at their original location?)
Old April 23rd 05, 05:47 AM
bdubya

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:37:55 -0700, "Scott Abraham"
wrote:

(top-post undone)

"bdubya" wrote in message
news
If anybody catches the Pistons/Sixers game tomorrow, keep an eye on
the seventh row behind the left-hand basket (by the Sixers' bench) on
your screen....a couple of faces there might be familiar to certain
Tan-O-Rama vets and gracious Alpine Meadows hosts....

b "no, it doesn't stand for Ben Wallace" w

Won't be familiar to me, of course.

Well, naturally, since we've never met. How you like the Sonics'
chances? Personally I think they're a one-year wonder; I don't see
anybody but the Suns or Spurs coming out of the west, and IMHO only
the Spurs are a threat in the Finals. Guess we'll find out soon
enough, though.

b"Joe D for Prez"w
Old April 23rd 05, 05:58 AM
bdubya

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 05:01:24 GMT, lal_truckee
wrote:

bdubya wrote:
If anybody catches the Pistons/Sixers game tomorrow, keep an eye on
the seventh row behind the left-hand basket (by the Sixers' bench) on
your screen....a couple of faces there might be familiar to certain
Tan-O-Rama vets and gracious Alpine Meadows hosts...

Don't have a TV.
Have fun.

(Are the Pistons the only NBA team still at their original location?)

No. They were originally the Zollner Pistons, of Fort Wayne, IN, and
the Palace is (at a minimum) their third arena since they moved to
Michigan.

You got spring conditions yet, or is it still winter there?

b"Joe D for Prez"w
Old April 23rd 05, 08:55 PM
lal_truckee

wrote:

bdubya wrote:

If anybody catches the Pistons/Sixers game tomorrow, keep an eye on
the seventh row behind the left-hand basket (by the Sixers' bench) on
your screen....a couple of faces there might be familiar to certain
Tan-O-Rama vets and gracious Alpine Meadows hosts...

Don't have a TV.
Have fun.

(Are the Pistons the only NBA team still at their original location?)

No. They were originally the Zollner Pistons, of Fort Wayne, IN, and
the Palace is (at a minimum) their third arena since they moved to
Michigan.

You got spring conditions yet, or is it still winter there?

It was spring yesterday for a few moments but it's snowing now
(lightly.) But that spring is getting pesky; I think she's gonna force
her way in soon.
Old April 25th 05, 05:20 PM
bdubya

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:11:47 -0700, "Scott Abraham"
wrote:

"bdubya" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:37:55 -0700, "Scott Abraham"
wrote:

(top-post undone)

"bdubya" wrote in message
news If anybody catches the Pistons/Sixers game tomorrow, keep an eye on
the seventh row behind the left-hand basket (by the Sixers' bench) on
your screen....a couple of faces there might be familiar to certain
Tan-O-Rama vets and gracious Alpine Meadows hosts....

b "no, it doesn't stand for Ben Wallace" w

Won't be familiar to me, of course.

Well, naturally, since we've never met.

Of course. That would take balls, and not basketballs.

No. It would take money for airfare, and it would take some of my
all-too-scarce time, and your behavior here doesn't merit either.

Great game, though, huh? The Pistons had me worried, they came out so
flat, but when they turned it on, they really turned it on. One thing
you don't get on TV is how palpable it is when the momentum shifts,
but it was completely obvious when it happened, even though the
Pistons were still down by double digits. What a game.....

bw
Old April 25th 05, 08:39 PM
bdubya

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:44:23 -0700, "Scott Abraham"
wrote:

"bdubya" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:11:47 -0700, "Scott Abraham"
wrote:

"bdubya" wrote in message
news On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:37:55 -0700, "Scott Abraham"
wrote:

(top-post undone)

"bdubya" wrote in message
news If anybody catches the Pistons/Sixers game tomorrow, keep an eye on
the seventh row behind the left-hand basket (by the Sixers' bench) on
your screen....a couple of faces there might be familiar to certain
Tan-O-Rama vets and gracious Alpine Meadows hosts....

b "no, it doesn't stand for Ben Wallace" w

Won't be familiar to me, of course.

Well, naturally, since we've never met.

Of course. That would take balls, and not basketballs.

No. It would take money for airfare, and it would take some of my
all-too-scarce time, and your behavior here doesn't merit either.

It would take balls.

I think it would be more a matter of morbid curiosity, but why do you
say it would take "balls"? Would you do something I should be afraid
of? (I seriously doubt it, but hey, you've piqued my curiosity).

bw
Old April 25th 05, 08:48 PM
Walt

bdubya wrote:

I think it would be more a matter of morbid curiosity, but why do you
say it would take "balls"?

Well, you would take them with you wouldn't you?

I mean, if the trip's not worth doing in the first place, I can't see
going through the extra time and trouble of having your testicles
surgically removed to boot.

--
//-Walt
//