yeah, I'm a city boy

Old December 16th 04, 10:11 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default yeah, I'm a city boy

See ninth paragraphy (free registration required)

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/ny...tml?oref=login

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old December 16th 04, 11:22 PM
Ken Roberts

Was that "Mr. Skier on Wheels With the Flailing Poles" in Central Park in
that New York Times article specifically actually you, John?

It couldn't have been me, because I didn't have poles with me when I was
skating in Central Park a couple of days ago.

I was however linking tight slalom turns on St Nicholas Ave, until a noticed
an SUV-driver behind me patiently waiting for the lane to free up to more
traditional purposes. And dancing on Broadway while skating up to the red
light at 53rd St.

But on Manhattan island that's not enough to get a reporter's attention.

Gliding around the streets in the metro New York is so much fun, it's going
to be tough for skiing on snow at Mt Van Ho this weekend to live up to it.

Ken
________________________________
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote

Old December 16th 04, 11:57 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:22:56 GMT, "Ken Roberts"
wrote:

Was that "Mr. Skier on Wheels With the
Flailing Poles" in Central Park in
that New York Times article specifically
actually you, John?

I'm not sure. There are probably about five or six people that roller
ski in Central Park a lot. I'm almost never on rollerskis though --
blades instead (with poles) though kids tend to yell "He's skiing!" or
"Where's the snow?" so the connection is obvious.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
Old December 17th 04, 01:01 PM
Jim Flom

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

I'm not sure. There are probably about five or six people that roller
ski in Central Park a lot. I'm almost never on rollerskis though --
blades instead (with poles) though kids tend to yell "He's skiing!" or
"Where's the snow?" so the connection is obvious.

You're famous. But then we knew that.

JF