A new TRUCK.

Old January 6th 05, 05:01 PM
Keith Alexander®

On 5 Jan 2005 21:05:46 -0800, "Black Metal Martha"
wrote:
I have a "Kill All Hippies" sticker.

*** Wrong band.

:-)

www.nootrope.net/primal

---
k e i t h a l e x a n d e r
http://www.nootrope.net
http://www.modernamerican.com
aim: nootrope9 hissatsu

- - e n d t r a n s m i s s i o n - -
Old January 6th 05, 05:08 PM
Black Metal Martha

wrote:
I have a "Kill All Hippies" sticker.

*** Wrong band.

:-)

Ah, there's another Primal Scream, huh? I learn something new every
day.

Martha

Old January 6th 05, 06:28 PM
The Real Bev

ant wrote:

"Black Metal Martha" wrote:

Walt wrote:

Alan Alda is just plain annoying and he tends to show up in movies
that I might actually consider going to see. At least Gibson is
easily avoidable - he only ever appeares in movies that are

apparently complete utter crap.

I like a lot of Gibson's movies.

He was in some good films in Oz, after he graduated from NIDA. Gallipoli for
one, the year of living dangerously, Mad Max 1 and 2 (the third one was a
hollywood mess)

The first one wasn't all that good either, but the second one was
lovely.

and Tim, which was a book by Colleen McCulloch and is
seldom mentioned these days, in which he actually ACTS. He was pretty good
in Gallipoli, I must say.

You missed Hamlet? I expected crap, but it was good.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 6th 05, 07:00 PM
Black Metal Martha

The Real Bev wrote:

The first one wasn't all that good either, but the second one was
lovely.

The first one would have been good had Hollywood not messed it up by
putting in subtitles. What was up with that?

One of my favorites of his is Raw Deal. Great film noir. Also The
Patriot is good.

Martha

Old January 6th 05, 07:15 PM
VtSkier

Black Metal Martha wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

The first one wasn't all that good either, but the second one was
lovely.

The first one would have been good had Hollywood not messed it up by
putting in subtitles. What was up with that?

One of my favorites of his is Raw Deal. Great film noir. Also The
Patriot is good.

Martha

I thought Gibson was a great foil for Linda Hunt in Year of Living
Dangerously.

VtSkier
Old January 7th 05, 12:32 AM
ant

"Black Metal Martha" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Real Bev wrote:

The first one wasn't all that good either, but the second one was
lovely.

The first one would have been good had Hollywood not messed it up by
putting in subtitles. What was up with that?

One of my favorites of his is Raw Deal. Great film noir. Also The
Patriot is good.

I quite enjoy his acting in that paranoid film, the taxi driver one.

when he was in Oz, he was quite porky, especially around the face. If he'd
stayed here, he'd not have gone loony with his christianism, that's for
sure.

ant

Old January 7th 05, 12:34 AM
ant

"VtSkier" wrote in message

I thought Gibson was a great foil for Linda Hunt in Year of Living
Dangerously.

I think that was a Peter Weir film, he used Gibson quite a bit.

ant

Old January 8th 05, 04:06 PM
uglymoney

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 09:24:39 -0700, Bob Lee wrote:

uglymoney wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:47:15 -0700, Bob Lee wrote:

... you thinking about hitting on an Ann Coulter
type?

I hit on her when I see her. She likes it, and normally she hits
back.

I spent the day pondering the thought of asking her on a date, and I
now have a question. Maybe you are Astro, Pigo, or some of the others
who are solidly right wing can answer it.

Heh, good one. BMDF.

Thanks for that. I'll try that on her!

nate
Old January 11th 05, 02:40 AM
Jay Pique

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:23:11 -0700, Bob Lee wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

So here's the deal... new truck...body... Should I do it?

I'm inclined to say yes, but I'd rather have the overwhelming support
of rec.skiing.alpine prior to making a decision. snip lyric

Sounds good to me. Go get the damn thing tonight - you won't get any
better advice on usenet than that.

You're right. And I didn't.

I'm reeeaally trying to pay $5k, plus the $400 and change. I've got
my eye on a 1984 Jeep Cherokee Grand Wagoneer. The thing just oozes
character, and I'm simply dying to convert my entire wardrobe to L.L.
Bean. I could buy a bunch of Abercrombie & Fitch stuff and soooo get
laid on any college campus in New England.

Life is good.

JP
*****************************
PS - Whoever's been post forging me should stop.
Old January 11th 05, 02:58 AM
VtSkier

Jay Pique wrote:

So here's the deal... new truck...body... Should I do it?

I'm inclined to say yes, but I'd rather have the overwhelming support
of rec.skiing.alpine prior to making a decision. snip lyric

Sounds good to me. Go get the damn thing tonight - you won't get any
better advice on usenet than that.

You're right. And I didn't.

I'm reeeaally trying to pay $5k, plus the $400 and change. I've got
my eye on a 1984 Jeep Cherokee Grand Wagoneer. The thing just oozes
character, and I'm simply dying to convert my entire wardrobe to L.L.
Bean. I could buy a bunch of Abercrombie & Fitch stuff and soooo get
laid on any college campus in New England.

Life is good.

JP
*****************************
PS - Whoever's been post forging me should stop.

Why would anyone pay $5k for a USED 20 year old car?
Unless it's got something going for it that I don't
know about. In this part of the world, a 20 year
old car is trash body wise AND mechanical-wise.

Besides, isn't the jeep a MoPar product? That's
a large strike against it right there. Or was it
Franco-American Motors back then?

Around here you can get a good used car/suv but
probably not a pickup in the 10 year old range for
$5k or so.

VtSkier
ps - I wasn't aware that anyone was forging poasts
in your name.