Vail buys Mt Trashmore

Old December 7th 12, 04:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Vail buys Mt Trashmore

Did April 1st come early this year?

Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today that it has entered into
agreements to purchase two premier urban ski areas in the Midwest, Afton
Alps in Minnesota and Mount Brighton in Michigan, for total cash
consideration of $20 million.

http://news.vailresorts.com/corporat...+in+mich. htm

--
//Walt
Old December 7th 12, 04:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:11:28 -0500, Walt wrote
this crap:

Did April 1st come early this year?

Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today that it has entered into
agreements to purchase two premier urban ski areas in the Midwest, Afton
Alps in Minnesota and Mount Brighton in Michigan, for total cash
consideration of $20 million.

http://news.vailresorts.com/

Interesting. It doesn't say who owns Mt. Brighton but I believe it
was owned by Boyne.

Old December 7th 12, 06:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 12/7/2012 12:18 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:11:28 -0500, Walt wrote
this crap:

Did April 1st come early this year?

Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today that it has entered into
agreements to purchase two premier urban ski areas in the Midwest, Afton
Alps in Minnesota and Mount Brighton in Michigan, for total cash
consideration of $20 million.

http://news.vailresorts.com/

Interesting. It doesn't say who owns Mt. Brighton but I believe it
was owned by Boyne.

Boyne owns Brighton ski area in Utah.

Mt Brighton (Michigan) is owned by the Tippett and Bruhn families.

--
//Walt
Old December 7th 12, 06:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Friday, December 7, 2012 11:39:28 AM UTC-8, Walt wrote:
On 12/7/2012 12:18 PM, wrote:

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:11:28 -0500, Walt wrote

this crap:

Did April 1st come early this year?

Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today that it has entered into

agreements to purchase two premier urban ski areas in the Midwest, Afton

Alps in Minnesota and Mount Brighton in Michigan, for total cash

consideration of $20 million.

http://news.vailresorts.com/

Interesting. It doesn't say who owns Mt. Brighton but I believe it

was owned by Boyne.

Boyne owns Brighton ski area in Utah.

Actually, they don't. Investment group does. A division of Boyne manages it. But what the hell, you're an ignorant asshole who lives in Michigan and hangs out with Huggies Horvath, what do you know?

Mt Brighton (Michigan) is owned by the Tippett and Bruhn families.

No one gave a **** then. No one gives a **** now. No one who has a choice skis there.

Old December 7th 12, 11:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Friday, December 7, 2012 10:11:28 AM UTC-7, Walt wrote:
Did April 1st come early this year?

Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today that it has entered into

agreements to purchase two premier urban ski areas in the Midwest, Afton

Alps in Minnesota and Mount Brighton in Michigan, for total cash

consideration of $20 million.

http://news.vailresorts.com/corporat...+in+mich. htm

--

//Walt

Both of those ski areas are located close to metropolitan areas that together have over one million skiers. The plan is to sell the $750 Epic Pass (good at all Vail Resorts) to those markets. If they can sell passes to just 3% of that market, they have made enough profit to pay for both areas. Seems like a pretty smart deal.
Old December 8th 12, 01:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

http://news.vailresorts.com/corporat...t-news/vail+re...

--

//Walt

Both of those ski areas are located close to metropolitan areas that together have over one million skiers. The plan is to sell the $750 Epic Pass (good at all Vail Resorts) to those markets. If they can sell passes to just 3% of that market, they have made enough profit to pay for both areas. Seems like a pretty smart deal.

I'm afraid I don't see t he connection. Why would anyone put up $750
just because Vail has added rights to a local parks&rec hill?
Old December 8th 12, 01:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/7/12 6:17 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:22 pm, snoig wrote:

Both of those ski areas are located close to metropolitan areas that together have over one million skiers. The plan is to sell the $750 Epic Pass (good at all Vail Resorts) to those markets. If they can sell passes to just 3% of that market, they have made enough profit to pay for both areas. Seems like a pretty smart deal.

I'm afraid I don't see t he connection. Why would anyone put up $750
just because Vail has added rights to a local parks&rec hill?

Many urban skiers take a week in Colorado each year. Vail can now lock
them in.
Old December 8th 12, 07:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Dec 7, 4:22 pm, snoig wrote:

Both of those ski areas are located close to metropolitan areas that together have over one million skiers. The plan is to sell the $750 Epic Pass (good at all Vail Resorts) to those markets. If they can sell passes to just 3% of that market, they have made enough profit to pay for both areas. Seems like a pretty smart deal.

I'm afraid I don't see t he connection. Why would anyone put up $750

just because Vail has added rights to a local parks&rec hill?

Many urban skiers take a week in Colorado each year. Vail can now lock

them in.

It's not just Colorado, it's Tahoe too. If you spend a week at any of those resorts, a 6 day pass runs about $475. So essentially you end up getting a local pass for about $275. If they spend two weeks out West, your local pass is free.
Old December 8th 12, 09:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 7, 4:22 pm, snoig wrote:

Both of those ski areas are located close to metropolitan areas that together have over one million skiers. The plan is to sell the $750 Epic Pass (good at all Vail Resorts) to those markets. If they can sell passes to just 3% of that market, they have made enough profit to pay for both areas.. Seems like a pretty smart deal.

I'm afraid I don't see t he connection. *Why would anyone put up $750

just because Vail has added rights to a local parks&rec hill?

Many urban skiers take a week in Colorado each year. Vail can now lock

them in.

It's not just Colorado, it's Tahoe too. If you spend a week at any of those resorts, a 6 day pass runs about $475. So essentially you end up getting a local pass for about $275. If they spend two weeks out West, your local pass is free.

If you spend two weeks out west, you don't need the local pass for the
big pass to make sense.
Old December 9th 12, 02:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 7, 4:22 pm, snoig wrote:

Both of those ski areas are located close to metropolitan areas that together have over one million skiers. The plan is to sell the $750 Epic Pass (good at all Vail Resorts) to those markets. If they can sell passes to just 3% of that market, they have made enough profit to pay for both areas.. Seems like a pretty smart deal.

I'm afraid I don't see t he connection. *Why would anyone put up $750

just because Vail has added rights to a local parks&rec hill?

Many urban skiers take a week in Colorado each year. Vail can now lock

them in.

It's not just Colorado, it's Tahoe too. If you spend a week at any of those resorts, a 6 day pass runs about $475. So essentially you end up getting a local pass for about $275. If they spend two weeks out West, your local pass is free.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Snoig - It's good to hear from you again, it's been a long time
since you posted. I hope to get out to Breck in late Jan and again in
March for a week -2 weeks each trip. Are you still south of town?