Most skiing days

Old April 24th 12, 04:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Most skiing days

I got in 28 days this past winter at Breck, Keystone and A-Basin. Two
14 day trips. About double what I have been able to do in past
seasons. So the lack of snow in Summit County CO was not too severe.
Old April 25th 12, 02:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Apr 24, 8:27*pm, down_hill wrote:
wrote:
I got in 28 days this past winter at Breck, Keystone and A-Basin. *Two
14 day trips. *About double what I have been able to do in past
seasons. *So the lack of snow in Summit County CO was not too severe.

I got in 15 race events in the 30 days or so we were away skiing, I hope
to double that next year.
It was done on poor conditions. But I am beginning to wonder if temps
really are changing. The The Hardiness growing zone is changing Long
Island used to be a 6 1/2 now with a recent article in newsday it been
bumped up to a 7. Also while in Hartford last week a black bamboo was
shooting in that area they should not come up for another month mine is
not shooting yet but expected any day.

Here in the Chicago area, plants are at least a month early.
Old April 25th 12, 02:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:30:29 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Here in the Chicago area, plants are at least a month early.

You're from Chicago, asshole? Probably a Cubs fan, that would explain why you are such a loser.
Old April 25th 12, 06:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Apr 24, 9:01*am, " wrote:
I got in 28 days this past winter at Breck, Keystone and A-Basin. *Two
14 day trips. *About double what I have been able to do in past
seasons. *So the lack of snow in Summit County CO was not too severe.

With Mammoth today, I'm up to 19 days this year, so far. One more
good Sierra surprise snowstorm and I will gather a few more.

Not bad for an "off" year, although it was actually a good year for
Southern Cal - SS opened Nov 9 and closed April 15.

Old April 25th 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:01:37 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I got in 28 days this past winter at Breck, Keystone and A-Basin. Two
14 day trips. About double what I have been able to do in past
seasons. So the lack of snow in Summit County CO was not too severe.

take out a few crapy days in late december and we had nothing but good
sonw. Shut the lifts down with about 18 feet on top. Pitty sort of but
now only those willing to earn the turn get them.

I had just about plenty of lift served days. Nov 20th was the first
and April 8th was the last. Got some vert, that's for sure.

Dave M
Old April 26th 12, 02:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
I got in 28 days this past winter at Breck, Keystone and A-Basin. *Two
14 day trips. *About double what I have been able to do in past
seasons. *So the lack of snow in Summit County CO was not too severe.

take out a few crapy days in late december and we had nothing but good
sonw. Shut the lifts down with about 18 feet on top. Pitty sort of but
now only those willing to earn the turn get them.

I had just about plenty of lift served days. Nov 20th was the first
and April 8th was the last. Got some vert, that's for sure.

Dave M

Where are you referring to?
Old April 26th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

wrote:
I got in 28 days this past winter at Breck, Keystone and A-Basin. *Two
14 day trips. *About double what I have been able to do in past
seasons. *So the lack of snow in Summit County CO was not too severe.

take out a few crapy days in late december and we had nothing but good
sonw. Shut the lifts down with about 18 feet on top. Pitty sort of but
now only those willing to earn the turn get them.

I had just about plenty of lift served days. Nov 20th was the first
and April 8th was the last. Got some vert, that's for sure.

Dave M

Where are you referring to?

My home mountain is Schweitzer Mountain in North Idaho. We got punded
all year ... well except for a few miserable 36 and "snow" days in
late Decemebr and early January. Just got really really lucky with the
storm tracks this year.

It was funny seeing all the team vans from other mountains in the
parking lot because they had to move races to our hill. Mamoth even
moved races up here when they had nothing and we had plenty.

Still have a few more days that I will probably hike before I switch
over to mtn. biking for real.

Plus this weekend is the Leadman Race at Silver Mountain so I get a
little bit of ski time on that one as well.(not much but heck, I'll
take a gondola ride since they are offering

DaveM
Old April 26th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
[...]

Had my best snow day of the year at Schweitzer in January. But this will be the lowest number of days I've skied in 23 years. Just can't seem to get motivated after Sun Valley in Febuary, have not even bothered to go up to Crystal. Every day I have time, Bert can't or the weather sucks, etc. Might have to sneak down to Bachelor next week to use up some free tickets.

Away for a few days... Alan Baker Alpine Skiing 37 June 20th 09 09:45 PM
Pyrenees - great snow and 4 days skiing left (so there's just time)... Roger Moss[_2_] European Ski Resorts 5 April 23rd 08 07:11 PM
Recommend somewhere for one days skiing close to Zurich Greg Hilton European Ski Resorts 3 March 16th 06 08:15 PM
Ski Days SKIMORE Alpine Skiing 10 December 10th 04 09:34 PM
Good ol' days of XC skiing in Finland shreddir Nordic Skiing 3 November 3rd 03 12:05 PM