QU: Keskinada 29km events

Old January 21st 06, 02:04 AM

Default QU: Keskinada 29km events

Hi All,

Haven't taken part in the Keskinada Loppet for a couple of years due to knee
surgery and business travel, but am set for this year.

Looking over the course for the 29 km Classic and Freestyle events at
www.keslinada.com
I note that both events are over the same course (the 53km use it as well).
This was confirmed when I e-mailed the info cantact.

How long has this been the case? I know Trail 15 quite well and it's not
normally groomed for skating. In fact sections in the trees it's too narrow
in places for a skating lane with a classic track with it.

If Lafleur groom a skate lane are they going to mess up that trail. I guess
it has always normally been classic only for a reason.

Tony
Ottawa

Old January 21st 06, 11:35 AM

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:04:38 -0500, "Tony Curran"
wrote:

Haven't taken part in the Keskinada Loppet for a couple of years

Looking over the course for the 29 km Classic and Freestyle events at
www.keslinada.com
I note that both events are over the same course (the 53km use it as well).

How long has this been the case?

At least four years.

JFT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old January 21st 06, 04:20 PM

See www.xcottawa.ca for an interview with the course organizer.

Old January 21st 06, 04:20 PM

See www.xcottawa.com for an interview with the course organizer.

Old January 21st 06, 05:19 PM

On 21 Jan 2006 09:20:32 -0800, "SkiFit" wrote:

See www.xcottawa.ca for an interview with the course organizer.

"Certainly it will be one skier at a time, but bottlenecks are not
uncommon for many Worldloppet events."

That's annoying -- the old start was surely better from that
perspective.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old January 22nd 06, 03:14 PM

But currently, Trail 15 isn't wide enough for skating - there's barely room
to two sets of classic tracks. There're going to have take out some of the
brush to prepare it. I'll ski over it in the week to see what curent state
is.

Tony
Ottawa.

Old January 24th 06, 07:20 PM

Trail 15 is wide enough for a single skater by ~5cm. They won't take
out any trees or do any *real* trailwork like that, the natural features
that are there will stay there, but the will groom it out as wide as it
will go. It should be pretty strung out by trail 15, but it's not a
perfect trail by any means. I skated it last week when it was icy and I
wasn't damaging the rock hard classic tracks, it seemed fine except for
a few spots but I expect good grooming and softer conditions will take
care of those.

Craig
Ottawa

Old January 24th 06, 07:38 PM

Equally interesting will be that hill on 15 where it crosses Gatineau
parkway, for the 29k course.