Swedish Vasaloppet

Old January 25th 06, 12:05 AM

Default Swedish Vasaloppet

I'm planning on going over for the Vasa, held on March 5th this year.
Wondering how many Americans out there are making the trip?

Best,

Stuart Stevens

Old January 25th 06, 02:03 AM

count me in ..... cya there, my ticket is booked, and I"m entered.
3 hour classic ski on sunday !! 51km Noque this weekend as prep.

Jeff Kalember, Michigan
aka JK

oups.com...

Old January 25th 06, 11:31 AM

My wife and I and a co-worker will be leaving for Sweden the Wednesday
after the Birkie. Got into Start Group 2 at the Vasaloppet. Been
checking out the webcam of the start area and it looks like they have
decent snow. Good luck.

Old January 25th 06, 10:44 PM

go to
http://www.resultat.vasaloppet.se/Va...ation/personal

Stuart wrote:

I'm planning on going over for the Vasa, held on March 5th this year.
Wondering how many Americans out there are making the trip?

there are 40 registered with usa as Klubb/ort [club or place]

you can check any of the events by usa and see how many from usa are
registered.

and if you come early, you could ski halv vasan [tues, 45km] or öppet
spår [sun. mon 90km]

in fact if you want to go oppet spar monday, i'll sell my entry.
i just had a treadmill test and my BP went bonkers immediately or as the
doctor said at the 'oh my god' level. resting bp and pulse were
outstanding. surprise!

think i'll still do kort vasan 30km on previous friday cuz that is go
your own pace no rush and take long time since i am at front for start.

but we'll be watching the vasaloppet and videotaping from the tv and i
have vcr in usa that lets me copy from pal to ntsc.

Best,

Stuart Stevens

so are you just going to tourist? i don't see a number for stevens?
Old January 25th 06, 10:45 PM

ahaa good show with seedning
Namn Startnummer Klubb/ort Startled Nr.lapp hämtas
Kalember, Jeffrey 10592 USA 4 Mora

32 degrees wrote:

count me in ..... cya there, my ticket is booked, and I"m entered.
3 hour classic ski on sunday !! 51km Noque this weekend as prep.

Jeff Kalember, Michigan
aka JK

roups.com...

Old January 25th 06, 10:45 PM

Jim Kelley wrote:

My wife and I and a co-worker will be leaving for Sweden the Wednesday
after the Birkie. Got into Start Group 2 at the Vasaloppet.

congrats on seedning
Namn Startnummer Klubb/ort Startled Nr.lapp hämtas
Kelley, James 11648 USA 2 Mora

Old January 26th 06, 01:01 AM

So how do you get into WAVE 2 Jim Kelley???

Done Vasaloppet before?

I've skied the birkie twice - top 200 both times (122nd, and 166th)

I want wave 2 also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beg at the bib pick up in Mora??

JK

Old January 26th 06, 06:37 AM

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, 32 degrees wrote:

I want wave 2 also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beg at the bib pick up in Mora??

The "on-the-spot" seeding is not done at the bib pickup, but a different
place (it used to be Strandens skola - don't know this year, check the
website). Be sure to bring result verfications, like official result
lists or the like (they may have them available, don't count on it
though). They do listen well when you have something to back your
claims!

Good Luck!

/Tomas

--
Caps and foobar are normally not parts of my address.
Old January 26th 06, 01:53 PM

32 degrees (JK?)...

They originally put me in start group 10. I simply emailed them with
my Birkie times and placings from the past 3 years (best finish was
only 209th for men) and respectfully requested a better starting group.
They emailed back and said they put me in group 2. I would think you
should fare equally well (or better ?) with your previous Birkie
results. Good luck.

Old January 26th 06, 01:55 PM

Forgot to mention that I provided a hotlink in my email request to them
that they could use to get to the Birkie results pages.