request for someone with Scandinavian Broadband connection--TODAY

Old January 22nd 06, 04:58 AM

Default request for someone with Scandinavian Broadband connection--TODAY

If you have a high speed (1.5 mbs or faster) connection, could you please
use the NRK live streaming link TODAY at 10:45 am and 12:40 noon Oslo time
to capture the 891 kilobit/sec high- resolution video of the womens and
mens Norwegian National relay championships using a streamripper program.
Then you can go to the Denesse tracker and create 2 torrents for us to
download? If you don't have a stream ripper, I can email the freeware
version of windowsmedia recorder as an attachment. I can also tell you the
stream link to use to get connected to NRK server.

The NRK high stream is a digital video stream that has a sharper picture
with superior sound over the Eurosport video that Janne G (with much thanks)
has been offering on the torrent tracker because it doesn't need to
converted from a analog TV broadcast to a digital file.

Even though I have a 5 megabit cable broadband connection here in northern
calif. but there's been no way for me to grab anything better than the
lowest resolution stream during the live race coverage. There are too many
routers and different internet backbone carriers I have to connect to get to
the NRK server. For some reason last season I could capture a few 890 kbs
broadcasts but this year it's been totally impossible.. The Swedish based
trunkline they are using to connect to the US is really poor. Plus more
viewers must be signing up for their NettTV which causes the server to be
too overloaded for those of us on the other side of the Atlantic to get a
decent connection. If you can write Norwegian, please e-mail the NRK site
administrators and request that they increase their server capacity
especially with the Torino Olympics coming up. I am going write them too
but it will be in English so I'm not sure they will pay any attention.

Thank-you ---please e-mail me during the next couple of hours if you need
that link and software.

Old January 22nd 06, 12:30 PM

using a streamripper program.
Any good advice on where I can find a god and preferably cheap/free
steamripper program?

I subscribe to the NRK internet broadcasts during a temporary stay
abroad, but I will miss the live broadcasts of some of the Olympic
races due to work and the firewall for my internet connection abroad
blocks torrents , Kazaa etc, so I don't know if I will be able to share
any of it except for when I'm at home (for example the second week of
the Olympics and a few days after) in Sweden.

/ Niklas

Old January 22nd 06, 03:14 PM

Really nice in those championshios to see the junior skier Peter
Northugg outclass the Norwegian skiers that qualified for the Olympics.
I can understand that he's not very happy with not getting a ticket to
the olympic games himself after that. (If somebody could talk him into
acquiring Swedish citizenship, that problem could be easily fixed... =3D)
) Looks very much like a "new D=E4hlie" if he keeps improving from
this. =3D)

/ Niklas

Old January 23rd 06, 06:59 AM

Niklas
thanks for replying. Like I said before if you want a copy of what I've
been using "WM Recorder 8.0" I can send a zip file copy via email
attachment or if you prefer go to this link and download it from this guy
named veblin from his listings:
http://p082.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxv...opicID=1.topic

WM Recorder 8.0 is an old program, the latest versions you have to pay for,
but I've figured out how to use it and you can even do some simple editing
and reprocessing of your captured asf or wmv streams. Veblin recommends
"GetASFStream" for grabbing windows media streams(NRK's) but I haven't
figure out how to use it since it's a Chinese authored program and most of
the discussion and FAQ boards seem written in Chinese character language.
There's some BabelFish translations but the goofy english phrases make it
kind of hard to understand. In the long run it's probably a more capable
streamripper than WM Recorder 8.0. (my experience), I find that if I use
the browse mode first before I open an archived race at NRK and choose
"remember all urls" then I can stop the stream, close WM recorder, reopen
the program in URL mode, use the save stream link, hit the record button,
and capture a cleaner file with less missing packets. If you want to record
a live race, use the generic live link which I can tell you but like I said
before you need a steady non buffering high speed connection to get a good
lossless video file.

BTW I did record the low res feeds of both relays last night (daytime to
you) but I'm not sure anybody would want it if I made a torrent on Deness
tracker. Kind of smeary and blurred at full screen mode.
I was really stoked to see the Pedersen family triumph Hilde and her twin
kids Ida and Eli win the relay. I can't understand Norwegian but are they
saying that this is the first time mom and daughters have won Nationals?..
Also I want to say from watching the interviews that Kristin's little sister
Nina Stormer Steira is a little "Hottie!...sweeet" , pardon my American
slang....current word for "babe".

ups.com...

Old January 23rd 06, 07:45 AM

Terje Mathisen kirjoitti:

You're totally right, I wrote a few days about how we almost never had
any problems with team selections here,

Well, as I seem to remember it, your major problem has been that you've
occasionally had too many top skiers for your quote and you've at least
once had to drop a World Cup podium finisher from the team...

but Northug's performances this weekend (winning the 15+15 duathlon satur=

day, then
winning the relay for Strindheim by sking the last leg together with our =

designated last leg
Olympic racer, and beating him soundly) will make it really hard to be co=

ach if the team
_doesn't_ win the relay. :-(

That's the beauty of popular opinion for you:-) It's true that
S=F8rg=E5rd's unwavering faith in Hofstad begins to look increasingly
hard to justify. OTOH it makes the Olympic relay more
interesting for us all (unless, of course, Norway proceeds to destroy
the field on the second leg...).

Petter does look like he has all the makings - including the ego:-) -
of a great future champion and his climb up from the juniors' level has
been amazingly swift - for comparison, our one year older Toni
N=E4rv=E4inen hasn't really made a mark on national level this winter -
but OTOH these very young skiers' form peaks often come and go in an
instant.

BTW our problems with team selection are a bit different: our relay
teams are likely to include such names as Isomets=E4 and Varis...

Anders

Old January 23rd 06, 09:11 AM

shreddir wrote:
BTW I did record the low res feeds of both relays last night (daytime to
you) but I'm not sure anybody would want it if I made a torrent on Deness
tracker. Kind of smeary and blurred at full screen mode.
I was really stoked to see the Pedersen family triumph Hilde and her twin
kids Ida and Eli win the relay. I can't understand Norwegian but are they
saying that this is the first time mom and daughters have won Nationals?..

Yes, also probably the first time in any country?

Also I want to say from watching the interviews that Kristin's little sister
Nina Stormer Steira is a little "Hottie!...sweeet" , pardon my American
slang....current word for "babe".

Personally I think this is true for pretty (!) much all scandinavian
ski, o & ski-o ladies. :-)

Terje
--
-
Old January 23rd 06, 09:19 AM

Anders wrote:

Terje Mathisen kirjoitti:

You're totally right, I wrote a few days about how we almost never had
any problems with team selections here,

Well, as I seem to remember it, your major problem has been that you've
occasionally had too many top skiers for your quote and you've at least
once had to drop a World Cup podium finisher from the team...

Worse this time:

Yesterday's ladies sprint world cup _winner_ (Ella Gjømle) won't make
the sprint relay team, that's going to be Marit B and Hilde GP as long
as those two stay healthy.

The same is probably going to happen among the men.

but Northug's performances this weekend (winning the 15+15 duathlon saturday, then
winning the relay for Strindheim by sking the last leg together with our designated last leg
Olympic racer, and beating him soundly) will make it really hard to be coach if the team
_doesn't_ win the relay. :-(

That's the beauty of popular opinion for you:-) It's true that
Sørgård's unwavering faith in Hofstad begins to look increasingly
hard to justify. OTOH it makes the Olympic relay more
interesting for us all (unless, of course, Norway proceeds to destroy
the field on the second leg...).

Not too likely, I'm mentally preparing for anything up to an
out-of-podium finish for Norway this year.

Petter does look like he has all the makings - including the ego:-) -

Indeed. :-(

of a great future champion and his climb up from the juniors' level has
been amazingly swift - for comparison, our one year older Toni
Närväinen hasn't really made a mark on national level this winter -
but OTOH these very young skiers' form peaks often come and go in an
instant.

That is the coach belief as well, but more important is the fact that
Northug hasn't done _any_ toplevel, at-altitude, competitions at all:
They simply don't know if he can handle it, and to have any chance at
all, he would have had to go up into the mountains immediately,
bypassing the junior worlds.

OTOH, I do believe he can do _very_ at those races. :-)

BTW our problems with team selection are a bit different: our relay
teams are likely to include such names as Isometsä and Varis...

Ouch.

Terje

--
-
Old January 23rd 06, 06:19 PM

Would be great if you could post them on the tracker (and maybe label
as low quality). Would appreciate watching even a less than ideal video
feed of the races. Thanks.