White bases at the biathlon world cup

Old December 2nd 11, 04:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

Default White bases at the biathlon world cup

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around 10'14
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmo...iduel-hd_sport

Old December 3rd 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

they make you watch the same disturbing add 3 times if you scroll
down.

Did they finally realize they could just glue PTFE directly to ski
bases, instead of making you iron fluorocarbons on? Took them a while.

On Dec 2, 6:57*pm, "Mike" wrote:
"lolix" wrote in message

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around 10'14http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmodct_biathlon-20111130-ostersund-i...

Thanks!!
Mike

Old December 4th 11, 12:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

On Dec 2, 6:57*pm, "Mike" wrote:

"lolix" wrote in message

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around 10'14http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmodct_biathlon-20111130-ostersund-i...

Thanks!!
Mike

On a second note, this could be just old good HDPE (polyethylene/
polypropylene) which is white/translucent in virgin form. They can add
any dye they want to make the ski bases any color. I had a pair of
skis ~20 years ago with white bases. In that case, no major changes to
the base chemistry, keep ironing in the fluoros in and inhaling the
teflon fumes and decomposition products.
Old December 9th 11, 11:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

P-Tex 4000 Clear seems to be still available from CPS (formerly Gurit,
formerly IMS)

http://www.cps-gmbh.net/p-tex-sintered.php
Old January 5th 12, 08:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

Marie Dorin - shooting 1.

at 1' on the video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8kj80yl3-4

very wet snow...
Old January 5th 12, 09:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8kj80YL3-4
Old January 22nd 12, 11:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
lolix

Antholz french Relay victory.
Alexis Boeuf, (and also Martin Fourcade, as seen on TV.)

http://img6.custompublish.com/getfil...i-nordique.net

Could it be that Fluoro-polymere bases are already available ?