SF Bay Area boarders over 25

Old November 13th 04, 08:06 PM
Bill Chapman

Default SF Bay Area boarders over 25

Announcing ShredGeezers, a brand-new website catering to San Francisco
Bay Area snowboarders over 25 years old. Being thus on in years, aged,
wise, mature and much venerated, we are in a position to truly savor our
beloved sport.

The website offers a number of pages of advice for snowboarders, but its
primary purpose is to serve as a place for aged snowboarders to meet
each other to car pool to Tahoe & shred together. There is a list where
you can sign up (for free) and introduce yourself to the club, and a
message board. The message board has the advantage over a mailing list
in that it has hierarchical threads, so you can more easily ignore the
topics that don't interest you.

Check it out at http://shredgeezers.org , we'd love to have you aboard

Old November 14th 04, 03:38 AM
Arvin Chang

Bill Chapman wrote in message .com...
Announcing ShredGeezers, a brand-new website catering to San Francisco
Bay Area snowboarders over 25 years old. Being thus on in years, aged,
wise, mature and much venerated, we are in a position to truly savor our
beloved sport.

The website offers a number of pages of advice for snowboarders, but its
primary purpose is to serve as a place for aged snowboarders to meet
each other to car pool to Tahoe & shred together. There is a list where
you can sign up (for free) and introduce yourself to the club, and a
message board. The message board has the advantage over a mailing list
in that it has hierarchical threads, so you can more easily ignore the
topics that don't interest you.

Check it out at http://shredgeezers.org , we'd love to have you aboard

Lol... do I qualify? Or do I have to wait 5 months? I signed up
anyways for the heck of it although I find it funny that people over
25 would consider themselves "aged" (although maybe it's because I am
25... ). Over 35 maybe... but "ShredGeezers" sounds like 50+ years
olds to me. I guess they don't want to compete with the singles clubs
like Apres Ski Club, which caters to older skiiers/snowboards (average
age is 45 or older I'm told) and already has like 500 members and has
it's own cabin (which is a very nice on I have to say). BASS is the
other big group... and doesn't have hierarchical threads.... but
between BASS, tahoecarvers, BOL, r.s.s., how many more forums can you
possibly have?
Old November 20th 04, 08:39 PM
Bill Chapman

I bought a snowboard at a snowboard shop in Denver and they gave me a
senior citizen's discount for being over 25. Even checked my id (though
I think they were just being polite - it was pretty obvious I was a
geezer).

Old November 20th 04, 09:08 PM
Bill Chapman

Arvin Chang wrote:
Lol... do I qualify? Or do I have to wait 5 months?

The front page of the web site says it caters PRIMARILY (as in NOT
EXCLUSIVELY) to snowboarders over 25. If you're under 25 but still
interested in hanging out with a bunch of geezers, you're totally welcome.

I signed up
anyways for the heck of it although I find it funny that people over
25 would consider themselves "aged" (although maybe it's because I am
25... ). Over 35 maybe... but "ShredGeezers" sounds like 50+ years
olds to me. I guess they don't want to compete with the singles clubs
like Apres Ski Club, which caters to older skiers/snowboards (average
age is 45 or older I'm told) and already has like 500 members and has
it's own cabin (which is a very nice on I have to say). BASS is the
other big group... and doesn't have hierarchical threads.... but
between BASS, tahoecarvers, BOL, r.s.s., how many more forums can you
possibly have?

Well, I'm advertising the site on BASS, but I'm not crazy about BASS,
because it doesn't have hierarchical threads. You get a HUGE number of
emails from it every day, and few are snowboarders and far fewer still
are aged snowboarders.

Also, like, a lot of the email on BASS is people doing intros. I'm
interested in intros, but not coming into my email inbox every day of
the week. On shredgeezers they're all collected into one place, where
you can go look at them all when you're interested.

As for the big ski clubs like Apres, yes, they cater to an older crowd,
and I belong to 2 clubs in the singles' league similar to Apres, but the
problem is there are very few snowboarders in that age group, so you
wind up with, like, 2 or 3 snowboarders in the whole club. We've got a
ShredGeezer in the Bota Baggers, a similar ski club in Danville, and he
says he's been the ONLY snowboarder in his club for years.

r.s.s is hierarchical, but it's worldwide, so it's not a great forum to
look for someone to carpool up to Tahoe with.

I'm wasn't familiar with TahoeCarvers before your post. They're a good
site and I'll keep an eye on them, I just added a link to them from my
site. They don't particularly cater to geezers though, and they don't
have a signup list.

One thing you get from the signup list on ShredGeezers that you don't
get from informal intros on other forums is it asks a bunch of very
specific questions about your boarding style, so you get a good idea of
whether you're going to be compatible to shred with someone by looking
at their entry.

I don't know what BOL is, please tell me more.

Bill
Old November 20th 04, 09:12 PM
Mike T

I don't know what BOL is, please tell me more.

www.bomberonline.com, another hardboot-oriented site.

Mike T

Old November 20th 04, 09:55 PM
Bill Chapman

Mike T wrote:
I don't know what BOL is, please tell me more.

www.bomberonline.com, another hardboot-oriented site.

Thanks

Worldwide site, specializing in hardboot. Well, I added a link to it.