Copper Mountain Lift Tickets

Old November 6th 03, 06:54 PM
lwapbr2

Default Copper Mountain Lift Tickets

Any idea how long the lift lines are at Copper Mountain the second week in
January? Would the Bee Line tickets be worth the extra money?

I'm from south Louisiana . . . a newbie . . . and completely at your mercy
on skiing advice.

Thanks

Old November 6th 03, 06:59 PM
Chester Bullock

Mid-week will be less busy than the weekend. If memory serves, the Bee
line tickets are pretty pricy. I wouldn't think they would be worth it
personally. On a weekend perhaps, but I don't ski there much anymore
due to parking issues and my season pass at Breck.

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old November 6th 03, 09:13 PM
mark

"lwapbr2" wrote ...
Any idea how long the lift lines are at Copper Mountain the second week in
January? Would the Bee Line tickets be worth the extra money?

I'm from south Louisiana . . . a newbie . . . and completely at your mercy
on skiing advice.

Thanks

The second week in January is not an especially busy time for Summit County.

For the first day or two at altitude, it might be a good idea to pace your
self anyway, instead of trying to log as much vertical as possible.
--
mark

Old November 6th 03, 09:37 PM
Jay Pique

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:54:33 -0600, "lwapbr2"
wrote:

Any idea how long the lift lines are at Copper Mountain the second week in
January? Would the Bee Line tickets be worth the extra money?

I'm from south Louisiana . . . a newbie . . . and completely at your mercy
on skiing advice.

Copper is an excellent mountain for learning on - start at the far
west for the easier slopes and move east as you improve (on the front
side - you probably don't want to head back to the bowls yet. Don't
bother with the Bee Line tix for the 2nd week of January, you'll have
no problem getting enough vert in.

If you are thinking of lessons, email me direct and I'll recommend an
instructor that I know.

JP
Old November 6th 03, 09:45 PM
Walt

mark wrote:

For the first day or two at altitude, it might be a good idea to pace your
self anyway, instead of trying to log as much vertical as possible.

What is this pace yourself thing?

Do you mean go as fast as possible at all times, as in "pick up the
pace"?
...otherwise it just doesn't make any sense...

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 6th 03, 11:05 PM
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:

mark wrote:

For the first day or two at altitude, it might be a good idea to pace your
self anyway, instead of trying to log as much vertical as possible.

What is this pace yourself thing?

Do you mean go as fast as possible at all times, as in "pick up the
pace"?
...otherwise it just doesn't make any sense...

Pace: v.it.
1)To manage a ski day for maximum results.
2)To ski bottomless powder until exhaustion, followed by chasing young
women while indulging in fine malted beverages, followed by retiring
with the fruits of said chase and preparing for another day on the
slopes by Pacing oneself throughout the night hours, followed by said
fruit preparing breakfast and serving it in bed so that you may re-fuel
while she is off waxing your skis in preparation for another day of
bottomless powder.

Old November 7th 03, 01:27 PM
Chester Bullock

lal_truckee wrote:

Walt wrote:

mark wrote:

[...]

Hmm, based on definition 2, you would be hard pressed to find days like
that at Copper. The nightlife is elsewhere in Summit County, and the
bottomless powder doesn't last all that long. Well, unless you know
where to look...