Taichiskiing

Old May 17th 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

Default Taichiskiing

"downhill" wrote in message
Stuart wrote:
"downhill" wrote in message

sorry
you start a right hand turn at 30 mph and in the middle of the turn
your going to slip to the inside?
show me
You can't. But as a previous poster pointed out, you can slip the
fronts of the skis downhill to the right while doing a left hand
traverse and initiate a "windshield-wiper" turn. In this case a slip
does occur in the direction of the turn, but technically, when the slip
is performed, the centre of mass is to the left and not being deflected
in a right hand turn. Just some parts of the skiers anatomy ie the skis
are slipping right. Then, the actual initiation of the turn is made
with a com shift to the right. You are slipping right, but not yet
turning actually.
My point being you declare an absolute and the first example it fails
like everything cheese dip claims to be true.
Slipping is letting the ski's slide 90 degrees to the normal path of
travel
Sliding in increasing the radius of your turn because you have NOT grip.

Not sure what you are saying here, but this sounds like a skidded turn,
as if you hit an icy patch and the turn went wider than you intended it
to.

EG In an airplane in a left hand turn, if you apply more left rudder or
yaw than is necessary the turn will SKID, like a rear-wheel drive car
doing a fishtail on ice. The ass-end will go wide to the right. If you
apply less left rudder or even right rudder, the airplane's tail will
SLIP or yaw to the inside of the turn.

What I am saying it is bull**** if you think you can slide to inside of
turn, slow speeds do not count as your not developing enough forces to
really be in a turn

airplane is not a proper example speed difference and aerodynamic forces
make it a poor choice for an example vs a skier no contact patch, it is
back to the snowmobile pushing the skier to the inside of the turn

A rear wheel drive doing a fish tail on ice will go in the direction based
on the type of differential in the car and the grip of the ice or surface.
90 percent of the time to get it to fish tail you need to do a dirt trick
turn right to go left
In a right hand turn if you get oversteer the car will go to the left
never to the inside of the turn. I am talking prior to loosing it as it
becomes unstable in a condition like spinning.

If your racing on hard pack and you hit a unpacked section your radius
will increase as there will be more compression in the surface

And you understand that is a skid, then?

I picked the airplane and car examples just to illustrate the basic
differences between "skid" and "slip"

Technically, no, it virtually impossible to slip to the inside of the turn
unless speeds are low and other compensatory physics are taking place. I
think that's what our friend probably does when he skis.

Old May 17th 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 17, 5:40 am, downhill wrote:

airplane is not a proper example speed difference and aerodynamic forces
make it a poor choice for an example vs a skier no contact patch, it is
back to the snowmobile pushing the skier to the inside of the turn

Have you ever considered the snow as not unlike an "aerodynamic" force on
the ski? The skis have edges like airplane wings.
And, furthermore the skis can be banked like an airplane...

Airplane demonstrates the turning forces in 3D, and skiing is in 2D.
The phenomenon maybe appear differently, but the underline principle
is the same.

Sorry to stretch your bubble, but skiing exists in 4D also. The 2D is how
your mind is assimilating it, like most "intermediate" level skiers. They
treat the ski hill more or less like a skating rink, and adjust as much as
they can to the slope using 2D techniques. I say "intermediate" with " marks
because some 2D skiers can really stretch the boundaries to make then
technically very good sliders, sometimes slightly dipping into the z axis or
3rd D for techniques without realizing it. These skiers look awesome until
they get to the really steeps, then they typically fall apart, unlike a
3D-based technician. Remember inclination and angulation and edging?
Carving"

A 4D skier, I won't go there. Taichi probably would relate some, even though
he's 2D and readily describes himself as. Most of the other guys in here,
forget it altogether.

Old May 17th 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

On May 16, 11:15 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 16, 8:00 am, "Bob F" wrote:

More like Scotty every day.

Nothing to do Scott, that's just your denial.

Please do tell us what all those lies were, so we know what to
apologise
for.

All your denials, as well as all your bashings are lies. I did tell
you that shameless lying is a bottomless pit, once you falling into
it, you'd have no recourse for redemption. As Buddha said, "return
(change previous behaviors), there's a safe shore." Good luck.

Why go there?

For the good of the board, some sanitizing is necessary sometimes. If
more skiers speak up against their rants, we may get rip of these
shameless net-bullies.

why go there?

IS

Old May 17th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On May 16, 8:00 am, "Bob F" wrote:

More like Scotty every day.

Nothing to do Scott, that's just your denial.

Please do tell us what all those lies were, so we know what to
apologise for.

All your denials, as well as all your bashings are lies. I did tell
you that shameless lying is a bottomless pit, once you falling into
it, you'd have no recourse for redemption. As Buddha said, "return
(change previous behaviors), there's a safe shore." Good luck.

Why go there?

For the good of the board, some sanitizing is necessary sometimes. If
more skiers speak up against their rants, we may get rip of these
shameless net-bullies.

We being IS and Scotty - the two wackos that obsess on proving how they are
right about everything, and everyone else is wrong.

Old May 17th 10, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 17, 8:48 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

On May 17, 5:40 am, downhill wrote:

airplane is not a proper example speed difference and aerodynamic forces
make it a poor choice for an example vs a skier no contact patch, it is
back to the snowmobile pushing the skier to the inside of the turn

Have you ever considered the snow as not unlike an "aerodynamic" force on
the ski? The skis have edges like airplane wings.
And, furthermore the skis can be banked like an airplane...

Yes, but not sure if he knew what a "wing" is. As skis glide over snow
is like the wing glide over the air--the bottom pressure generates the
lift; skis are the "wings" in skiing, nevertheless, not just the
edges, imo.

Airplane demonstrates the turning forces in 3D, and skiing is in 2D.
The phenomenon maybe appear differently, but the underline principle
is the same.

Sorry to stretch your bubble, but skiing exists in 4D also. The 2D is how
your mind is assimilating it, like most "intermediate" level skiers. They
treat the ski hill more or less like a skating rink, and adjust as much as
they can to the slope using 2D techniques. I say "intermediate" with " marks
because some 2D skiers can really stretch the boundaries to make then
technically very good sliders, sometimes slightly dipping into the z axis or
3rd D for techniques without realizing it. These skiers look awesome until
they get to the really steeps, then they typically fall apart, unlike a
3D-based technician. Remember inclination and angulation and edging?
Carving"

Glad that you like to stretch your imagination too, I'll get to that
in a moment, but let's consider the techniques on 2D first, as skis
are only effective when they are on the ground. As I said it before,
my definition of "carving" is the ski travels in a "tail follow tip"
fashion, and in that sense, flatboarding carves as well.

Flatboarding is based on the "Flatboarding Theory" that says "the
pressure on the base, the ski goes straight, and the pressure on the
edge, the ski turns to edging side. Now consider the two skis as one
"board," or call it the "base of support," which is formed by the
pressure of the feet, so more weight on one ski would have the same
effect as edging on one ski, and the path of the "board" would turn to
the weighed ski side with the "tail follow tip" fashion, and that is
the basic of the Flatboarding carving. As the turn progressive, the
slant of the slope changes, the edges may then come into play. As
angulation sets up the tune of the turn, Flatboarding moves the body
first, and "rides" the skis, so Flatboarding is 3D technique to begin
with. It is those who don't realize that though skis move on 2D but
skiers always move in 3D miss boat.

A 4D skier, I won't go there. Taichi probably would relate some, even though
he's 2D and readily describes himself as.

Given Einstein's space-time continuum, we are living in 4D--3D space,
1D time--any skier lives differently? Taichi Skiing has 5D--3D space,
1D time, and 1D "total body automation," where mind may experience the
"out of body" experience; 5D makes so-called "Unism."

Most of the other guys in here,
forget it altogether.

Don't see much "most of the other guys in here," only gappers and
their denials, not sure if they have anything to forget.

IS
Old May 17th 10, 09:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 17, 8:48 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 16, 11:15 am, "Stuart" wrote:

Why go there?

For the good of the board, some sanitizing is necessary sometimes. If
more skiers speak up against their rants, we may get rip of these
shameless net-bullies.

why go there?

Why not? It is after all a skiers' newsgroup, if we skiers don't
sanitize this place, who will? Leaving it to those shameless 'net-
bullies, the result is obvious, totally garbage. People come here to
read and to talk about skiing related subjects shouldn't have to feel
being intimidated, "looked down," or ridiculed by these 'net-bullies,
nor folks need to wade through their mindless "bickering" to get to
the real stuff. If you're interested in talking about skiing, we can
clean up this place.

IS
Old May 17th 10, 10:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 17, 2:58*pm, taichiskiing
wrote:
On May 17, 8:48 am, "Stuart" wrote:

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 16, 11:15 am, "Stuart" wrote:
Why go there?

For the good of the board, some sanitizing is necessary sometimes. If
more skiers speak up against their rants, we may get rip of these
shameless net-bullies.

why go there?

Why not? It is after all a skiers' newsgroup, if we skiers don't
sanitize this place, who will? Leaving it to those shameless 'net-
bullies, the result is obvious, totally garbage. People come here to
read and to talk about skiing related subjects shouldn't have to feel
being intimidated, "looked down," or ridiculed by these 'net-bullies,
nor folks need to wade through their mindless "bickering" to get to
the real stuff. If you're interested in talking about skiing, we can
clean up this place.

IS

Good luck with that.
Old May 17th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stuart[_2_]

On May 17, 8:48 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 16, 11:15 am, "Stuart" wrote:

Why go there?

For the good of the board, some sanitizing is necessary sometimes. If
more skiers speak up against their rants, we may get rip of these
shameless net-bullies.

why go there?

Why not? It is after all a skiers' newsgroup, if we skiers don't
sanitize this place, who will? Leaving it to those shameless 'net-
bullies, the result is obvious, totally garbage. People come here to
read and to talk about skiing related subjects shouldn't have to feel
being intimidated, "looked down," or ridiculed by these 'net-bullies,
nor folks need to wade through their mindless "bickering" to get to
the real stuff. If you're interested in talking about skiing, we can
clean up this place.

IS

You can't sanitize the internet. Weeds get choked off by a healthy lawn, not
by copious amounts of herbicide. By responding to their invective, you are
feeding them.

Old May 18th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote:
On May 17, 8:48 am, "Stuart" wrote:

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
On May 16, 11:15 am, "Stuart" wrote:
Why go there?

For the good of the board, some sanitizing is necessary sometimes. If
more skiers speak up against their rants, we may get rip of these
shameless net-bullies.

why go there?

Why not? It is after all a skiers' newsgroup, if we skiers don't
sanitize this place, who will? Leaving it to those shameless 'net-
bullies, the result is obvious, totally garbage. People come here to
read and to talk about skiing related subjects shouldn't have to feel
being intimidated, "looked down," or ridiculed by these 'net-bullies,
nor folks need to wade through their mindless "bickering" to get to
the real stuff. If you're interested in talking about skiing, we can
clean up this place.

Itchy, you're dreaming. There is no possible way to get the assholes
of rsa to stop being assholes. Period. God knows, I've tried.
Old May 18th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:

On May 17, 8:48 am, "Stuart" wrote:

[...]

How about you give him some help, you pathetic stalking net bully?
Stop lying. Stop defaming. Stop stalking me in real life, stop lying
to the cops, stop encouraging the mentally ill.
All you have to do is stop being an asshole.
Good luck with that.