LOOKING for a good mountain for snowboarding with fresh powder inMarch

Old December 25th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
South Florida Real Estate Investor

Default LOOKING for a good mountain for snowboarding with fresh powder inMarch

I live in south Florida and I am planning a snowboarding trip in the
early spring... I am looking for a trip around February 28th to March
4th or 5th. It is not a long trip so I don't want to fly far but I
also want a large mountain with lots of acreage preferably no less
than 1000 acres and no less than 1500ft vertical drop. I have been
looking at Colorado, Utah, because it's around a 5-6 hr flight and
with really nice mountains. Most importantly would be nice fresh
powder. I just want to know am I on the right track? Is there still
a chance of fresh powder in early March at these locations? Are there
any really nice locations on the east coast? Thanks in advance for
any advice or suggestions.
Old December 25th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
wrote:

I live in south Florida and I am planning a snowboarding trip in the
early spring... I am looking for a trip around February 28th to March
4th or 5th. It is not a long trip so I don't want to fly far but I
also want a large mountain with lots of acreage preferably no less
than 1000 acres and no less than 1500ft vertical drop. I have been
looking at Colorado, Utah, because it's around a 5-6 hr flight and
with really nice mountains. Most importantly would be nice fresh
powder. I just want to know am I on the right track? Is there still
a chance of fresh powder in early March at these locations? Are there
any really nice locations on the east coast? Thanks in advance for
any advice or suggestions.

Hi,

Merry Christmas! I've been going to Utah for 12 years during that late
feb- early March window and have always had good conditions.

Personally, I don't care for Park City as a snowboard destination. I
typically stay at a Crystal Inn (there are several of them) in Salt Lake
City. They are convenient, clean and close to major arteries. I can be
up at the cottonwood areas pretty quick. Of course, you can do the ski
in/ski out thing - but my approach allows me to pick the place that
suits me best that day.

YMMV. I haven't looked in years, but Southwest Air used to put together
some affordable and convenient packages to SLC. Where ever you wind up,
I hope you have great fun.
Old December 26th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 25, 11:51*am, South Florida Real Estate Investor
wrote:
I live in south Florida and I am planning a snowboarding trip in the
early spring... I am looking for a trip around February 28th to March
4th or 5th. *It is not a long trip so I don't want to fly far but I
also want a large mountain with lots of acreage preferably no less
than 1000 acres and no less than 1500ft vertical drop. *I have been
looking at Colorado, Utah, because it's around a 5-6 hr flight and
with really nice mountains. *Most importantly would be nice fresh
powder. *I just want to know am I on the right track? *Is there still
a chance of fresh powder in early March at these locations? *Are there
any really nice locations on the east coast? *Thanks in advance for
any advice or suggestions.

Everybody goes to Vail.

Powder Mountain vs Alta Bryan Alpine Skiing 2 April 20th 05 01:46 AM
Powder Mountain (UT) - Lightning Ridge Snowcat Runs? Jess McClelland Snowboarding 1 March 15th 04 11:35 AM
Powder Mountain tlf Snowboarding 0 February 25th 04 07:19 AM
Powder Mountain tlf Alpine Skiing 0 February 25th 04 07:19 AM
Alta vs Powder Mountain vs Targhee John Smith Alpine Skiing (moderated) 12 December 15th 03 04:48 PM