Ski Speedometer

Old January 30th 06, 10:13 AM

fat_boy wrote:
And then you're also going to include errors associated with
verifying your cars velocity. Of course you could buy a GPS to
more accurately calibrate the car speedometer and then

Just outside our village is a 'You are driving at xxx kmh' radar sign.
I validated the device aganst that and found it to be within 2 kmh,
which is acc urate enough for my purpposes.

How accurate is the sign?

--

http://www.ollieclark.com/acronyms.html
Old January 30th 06, 10:20 AM

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:13:46 +0000 (UTC), Ollie Clark
wrote:

fat_boy wrote:
And then you're also going to include errors associated with
verifying your cars velocity. Of course you could buy a GPS to
more accurately calibrate the car speedometer and then

Just outside our village is a 'You are driving at xxx kmh' radar sign.
I validated the device aganst that and found it to be within 2 kmh,
which is acc urate enough for my purpposes.

How accurate is the sign?

It's OK, he'll check it back against the anenometer to be sure.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 31st 06, 02:04 PM

How accurate is the sign?

I dont know. I am assuming that since it uses radar dopplar, and
probably has the internal workings of a police type radar gun, then it
is accurate.

ie, if you were going to make one, you would use existing components,
and wouldnt trty to make it inaccurate on purpose.

I have also noticed that the speed cameras also dont trigger at the 53k
when read off the car speedo (which is what they are set to do) so this
also confirms that the car speedo reads high.