Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

Old October 24th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
vulgarandmischevious

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

"Steve Parry" wrote:

This is the thing though, bike gear I can say "yes that lasted me x years of
fairly daily use" but skiing stuff is really only a couple of weeks per year
so your 8 year usage in real terms is what, only 4 months or so of constant
use?

Depends how much you go. My local ski area is an hour and a half
away, so I could conceivable ski every weekend from early october to
mid-may *and* whatever weekdays I want to take off.

I skiied more times last year than I rode my gixxer.
Old October 24th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
vulgarandmischevious

Ace wrote:

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:18:41 +0100, Champ wrote:

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 00:50:00 +0100, Colin Irvine
wrote:

I agree. I think skiing is expensive - no doubt about it. I also think
it's worth every penny.

Nailled.

Of course, there are ways of making it much less so.

Like a annual lift pass at chf640, which we've just used for the first
skiing day of the season here in Engelberg.

That's twice as expensive as my season ticket, and even more than the
"colorado pass"!
Old October 24th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
ogden

vulgarandmischevious wrote:
I skiied more times last year than I rode my gixxer.

Bruce really is your role model, isn't he.

--
ogden
Old October 24th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
vulgarandmischevious

Champ wrote:

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:37:22 +0200, Ace wrote:

Like a annual lift pass at chf640, which we've just used for the first
skiing day of the season here in Engelberg.

First day of the season already?! jealous

Bah - it was two weeks ago here.
Old October 24th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
vulgarandmischevious

ogden wrote:

vulgarandmischevious wrote:
I skiied more times last year than I rode my gixxer.

Bruce really is your role model, isn't he.

in everything but barnet.
Old October 24th 09, 03:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Champ

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 07:48:19 -0600, vulgarandmischevious
wrote:

100 quid an hour? I used to dream of only spending 100 quid an
hour...

Harvey Nichols?

heh.

Where's Blaney when you need him. What did he say those posh toms
used to charge?

15 years ago I was told they were a grand a time.

Was that for "a go", an hour, or the whole night?
--
Champ
We declare that the splendor of the world has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed.
Old October 24th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
SaladDodger

On 24 Oct, 00:50, Colin Irvine wrote:

I agree. I think skiing is expensive - no doubt about it. I also think
it's worth every penny.

In 1979 I spent £150 on a school skiing trip.
In 1999 I spent £150 at the dentist.

On balance, I'd visit the dentist again, if I was looking for value
for money.
Old October 24th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 08:38:27 -0700 (PDT), SaladDodger squeezed out the
following:

On 24 Oct, 00:50, Colin Irvine wrote:

I agree. I think skiing is expensive - no doubt about it. I also think
it's worth every penny.

In 1979 I spent £150 on a school skiing trip.
In 1999 I spent £150 at the dentist.

On balance, I'd visit the dentist again, if I was looking for value
for money.

My choice between the two would depend on context rather than vfm.

--
Colin Irvine
Old October 24th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
zymurgy

On Oct 22, 10:09*pm, (The Older
Gentleman) wrote:
That bloody cost me.

shell-shocked, I simply peeled the
notes off the roll of twenties I got from the sale of the BMW

That's ok, you're getting a raise at work ;-)

Paul.

Friggin' ouch! Marty Alpine Skiing 4 January 31st 07 02:12 AM
Bohemia comments, or "ouch" bdubya Alpine Skiing (moderated) 42 February 26th 06 05:30 AM
Hip Flexors. OUCH Onno61 Nordic Skiing 12 December 2nd 05 02:05 PM
Mail RWL Nordic Skiing 4 February 23rd 05 09:45 PM
Ouch, need a wider board -JPMM JPMM Snowboarding 6 March 22nd 04 04:25 PM