The Prince of Wales gay!?

Old November 14th 03, 11:24 PM
ant

Default The Prince of Wales gay!?

Sven Golly wrote:
lal_truckee wrote in news:bp185v$1jivl7$1@ID-
90251.news.uni-berlin.de:

They are birds of an opposite feather; LBJ had more
intelligence, sophistication, and honesty in his hang-nail than the
baby Bush has altogether. And I didn't like Johnson.

WOW!! You must really, really, really hate Bush. (Note to foreign
readers - Johnson was an awful President who got the US fully
involved in Vietnam,

He got us more heavily involved in Vietnam, too. Our PM of the day came up
with a famous (infamous) saying: "All the way with LBJ". He set a precedent
for crawling up to presidents that our current PM is busily continuing, but
without any noteable quotes.

The PM in question, Harold bloody Holt, managed to drown himself some years
later by swimming in the sea on a day when it was mega-rough. Although some
liked to speculate that he was kidnapped by a Chinese submarine!

Bush hasn't even begun to do
1/10th the damage to the US that Johnson managed. IMHO. YMMV.)

He's working on it though.

ant

Old November 15th 03, 03:00 PM
Sue

In message , pigo
writes

There are countries out there that have declared themselves to be our enemy.
They have to live with that when we feel the need to protect ourselves. If you
don't like it, tough ****. If the time comes when we aren't the #1 military

That says, if among your enemies are A, B, C and Q, who are all at
loggerheads with each other, and Q attacks you, you will "protect
yourselves" by attacking A.

This is actually what the US government has done.

Since that doesn't make sense, it leads to the suggestion that you
attacked A for some other reason (presumably not known to Pigo
personally) and not because Q attacked you.

However, that assumes what governments do will make sense.
The late Professor Barbara W Tuchman (a Yank, and an unimpeachably
serious historian) published a solid study of this question through the
ages ("The March of Folly") which concluded that it wasn't unusual for
governments to make war for no good reason, with consequences for
themselves and their countries that were often predictably disastrous.

--
Sue ]
Old November 17th 03, 08:26 AM
Jeremy Mortimer

"ant" wrote in
:

Saddam hated Al Queada, and they hated him. They are both evil, but
they are not in the same camp.

Well, they weren't....

Jeremy