request for rollerski review

Old April 6th 04, 10:29 PM
temporary lull

Default request for rollerski review

Hello all,

When I bought my rollerskis it seemed that there were
only a few choices (or maybe I just didn't do the
research). I bought Pro-ski dual techniques (can't
remember the model number) and later replaced the
wheels when they became badly V-shaped. I also took
out the ratchet because I just want to skate or do
double pole drills. These skis have been fine, except
for the fact that I like softer wheels (I like to
descend as slowly as possible) and they seem to wear
down quickly. there is no joy in getting on the
outside "edge" only to find that the V in the wheels
will not let you roll back to neutral!

Suddenly it seems like there are a lot of rollerski
brands/models available. I have a friend who wants to
buy a pair, and I may decide to upgrade. Roads here
are pretty rough - lots of chip seal, pot holes and
gravel, so a ski that is relatively stable in those
conditions would be good. I also like speed reducers.
Any suggestions or reviews would be appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Old April 6th 04, 11:50 PM
Jeff Potter

Mike Muha at http://nordicskiracer.com offers quite a few rollerski
reviews.

I'm thinking of getting Jesenik Classic ST's myself. Affordable!

And I once found a euro website that reviewed a TON of models. But many
weren't available here anyway. It was a cool site though, treating
rollerskiing as a legit sport in its own right...which it is! There's a
rollerski World Championships, of course. Can't find it now. A rollerski
team took a couple dozen pairs out for a day of testing, recording skier
weights and everything. It was in Italy perhaps. Google shows nothing
now. ??

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old April 7th 04, 03:53 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

A couple of years ago Torbjorn Karlsen developed a screw-in speed
reducer for the rubber-wheeled Pro-Skis. Have you tried that?

Gene

Old April 7th 04, 05:30 AM
Serge

Here is review of more a dozen models:

http://www.skiroll.it/test/training-...xamination.htm
Old April 7th 04, 01:22 PM
Jeff Potter

Serge wrote:

Here is review of more a dozen models:

http://www.skiroll.it/test/training-...xamination.htm

That's the one! Thanks.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old April 7th 04, 01:35 PM
Jeff Potter

http://www.skiroll.it/

This homepage appears to have a lot of promise for RS nuts, being called the
"online magazine of rollerskiing"---it has an English version even. Great!
---Except that it only seems to be about the 2002 RS Worlds. Lots of ads. Weird.
??

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old April 7th 04, 05:24 PM
Serge

Here is the website of French Rollerski Federation -

http://www.rollerskitour.com/

It is the most comprehensive website dedicated to competitive
rollerskiing; links contain many rollerski manufactures.

There is a page in French explaining different wheels and such,
but most facts can be found in English or translated w/Bubelfish
program.