Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

Old November 17th 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Nov 16, 10:02*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article ,

*lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/16/10 11:56 AM, snoig wrote:
* On Nov 16, 8:44 am, *wrote:
* I was wondering; given the same snow and path; which is faster Skis or
* Snowboards?
* gr

* Check the record book:
* Highest Speed on a Snowboard
* The highest recorded speed by a snowboarder is 201.907km/h
* (125.459mph) by Darren Powell (Australia) at Les Arcs, France on 2 May
* 1999.

Was he wearing baggy clothes, and pants hanging around his ankles?

Actually, I think he deserves "el cajones de hierro y un coraje de
hielo" medal.. *this is what I found, just ignore the music and most of
the video, just look of trying to keep upright, it looks like he is a
nanosecond away from going to ER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCa3OHbiiaA

* Highest Speed on skis
* Simone Origone (Italy) 251.4 km/h (156.2 mph); Les Arcs, France, April
* 2006

Interesting that no recent speed skiing meets have achieved better
results? Formerly the record was creeping up yearly. Maybe FIS has
stopped holding speed skiing meets?

Interesting to note that the figure on his trophy (2:25) is a man on
skis.
Old November 17th 10, 10:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:50:00 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

ONLY on weekdays and only when there's some kind of discount and there's
some other good reason for going there. Last time was in Feb or March
when I gave the grandspawn snowboard lessons for their birthdays.
Closer and cheaper than Big Bear and hey, they're only SNOWBOARD lessons
for chrissake!

You encourage children to snowboard? I shall have to report you to
the proper authorities for child abuse.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old November 17th 10, 10:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:27:37 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Nov 16, 10:09*am, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:40:13 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Excuse me? *Dumb**** newbies aren't allowed to post on topic bull****
here. *Or else.

More threats.

Threats? What threat? You really are losing it Horvie.

The, "or else," is a clear threat.

*Do us a favor and paint the walls of your basement
bedroom with your brains. *This world would be a better place with you
in hell.

Horvie, Horvie. You ain't even got the nads to directly threaten me,
which is what you really want to do. So you do this pussy suicide
crap, which as we both know, is a clear threat. Skirt the law like
the pussy you are.

When I come for you, you'll never see me. So do yourself a favor and
do the job yourself.

Just think, all your enemies will just disappear. All your problems
will be gone.

Old November 17th 10, 01:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 11/16/2010 8:12 PM, VtSkier wrote:

Hmm, I have yet to see a barn door
traveling at 125 mph.

Come out to the midwest during tornado season.

//Walt
Old November 17th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Nov 17, 5:22*am, Walt wrote:
On 11/16/2010 8:12 PM, VtSkier wrote:

Hmm, I have yet to see a barn door
traveling at 125 mph.

Come out to the midwest during tornado season.

//Walt

But that's at zero airspeed.
Old November 17th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Nov 16, 9:48*pm, downhill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

* Highest Speed on skis
* Simone Origone (Italy) 251.4 km/h (156.2 mph); Les Arcs, France, April
* 2006

Interesting that no recent speed skiing meets have achieved better
results? Formerly the record was creeping up yearly. Maybe FIS has
stopped holding speed skiing meets?

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/disciplines/speedskiing/

They have 6 events coming up in 2011

At the risk of making a ski related post, I ran into that event
several years ago at Sun Peaks.
You freaks would have loved the lycra. Otherwise, a very boring
spectator sport. Like most skiing events. Wait, wait, swoosh, wait.
Old November 17th 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Nov 16, 7:44*am, gr wrote:
I was wondering; given the same snow and path; which is faster Skis or
Snowboards?
gr

That's a great question, and the pussies here have done a lot of
research. Several of them claim to have seen me on the slopes.
Of course, none of them had the nads to say hello.
Considering both snowboarders and skiers were involved, I wonder who
was faster in fleeing from the scene? The boarders or the skiers?
Another question: does the wearing of ski diapers slow them down?
Does urine ruin a wax job?
Enquiring minds want to know.
Old November 17th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/16/10 20:46, Richard Henry wrote:

On Nov 16, 7:56 pm, The Real wrote:

Local area Mountain High instructors don't even mention the
inadvisability of doing things like that to the students. Just
one more reason it's a crappy hill.

My opinion of Mt. High is that it is not worth wasting a good skiing
day, but that it might be ok for a weekday. Have you ever been there
on a weekday?

ONLY on weekdays and only when there's some kind of discount and
there's some other good reason for going there. Last time was in Feb
or March when I gave the grandspawn snowboard lessons for their
birthdays. Closer and cheaper than Big Bear and hey, they're only
SNOWBOARD lessons for chrissake!

From what you said above, not a very good place for a snowboard lesson.

Old November 17th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/16/10 22:02, Ted Waldron wrote:

In ,
wrote:

On 11/16/10 11:56 AM, snoig wrote:
On Nov 16, 8:44 am, wrote: I
was wondering; given the same snow and path; which
is faster Skis or Snowboards?
gr

Check the record book:
Highest Speed on a Snowboard
The highest recorded speed by a snowboarder is 201.907km/h
(125.459mph) by Darren Powell (Australia) at Les Arcs, France
on 2 May 1999.

Was he wearing baggy clothes, and pants hanging around his ankles?

Actually, I think he deserves "el cajones de hierro y un coraje de
hielo" medal..

Iron balls and anger of ice? Babelfish is a bit off sometimes.

this is what I found, just ignore the music and most of
the video, just look of trying to keep upright, it looks like he is a
nanosecond away from going to ER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCa3OHbiiaA

Scary, but the arm-flapping remindes me of Itchy.

Except he has good reason to flap.