Olympic 50 km mass start

Old March 5th 06, 12:39 AM

I downloaded both the 30k and 50k again. They play ok but the only
player I've found that doesn't have that kaleidoscopic breakup
every once in awhile with them is VLC.

Gene

" wrote:

Andy: I'm having the same problem with that file. I tried to play it
in WinAmp and Windows Media Player with the same results as you. I
tried to open it in VirtualDub and it crashed, so I can only assume
that the file is corrupted. Anyone else having problems with this
file?

Tony: We've been downloading using BitTorrent from the Denness
Tracker. Here is some info from another of my posts:

I've been downloading the Eurosport XC coverage from the BitTorrent
tracker http://tracker.denness.net/ using uTorrent
(http://www.utorrent.com). For more info about how BitTorrent works,
see http://www.torrentspy.com/help.asp.

Janne G has been doing a great job of recording the Eurosport coverage
(usually in English) and uploading it via the Denness tracker fairly
soon after the event. Thanks Janne!!

-Colin

Old March 6th 06, 06:07 AM

Jeffery Clarke wrote:
in article , Gene Goldenfeld
at

" wrote:

[...]

VLC really does have great playback. I have been suffering through the
Kaleidoscope for all the races with QuickTime on a Mac. VLC does not have
this. Thanks for the tip.
Jeff

I think the "mplayer" for Mac works ok also.
I can't figure it out why the breakup occure right now on windows system
player, the coding is the same as it have been all the seasoon.
Vasaloppet have a diffrent encoder but it work with the xvid/divx decoders.

Janne G
Old March 6th 06, 12:58 PM

Try the vlc media player somebody else mentioned instead of divx
-http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ -. There seem to be some sampling
problems with divx for the 50K race. VLC seems to play it flawlessly.

Old March 15th 06, 11:42 AM

I too missed the 50K.
Could someone please give me the title of the torrent so that I can try the old tracker.
Is there somewhere else I could search for the torrent after all this time?

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
Try reading the top of the page. It will send you to
http://denness.net/oldtracker/.

Gene

Old March 15th 06, 01:03 PM

Just go to http://tracker.denness.net and use the search function at
the top - all Olympic XC torrents start with OS2006 and all world cup
torrents can be found by searching for the name of the race. Any race
that happened between Dec 30 and Mar 3 are listed on the ~3rd last
page. Races before that are not currently available.

To my knowledge, there is nowhere else where the torrent files are
listed.

Old March 16th 06, 06:27 PM

I've been putting off looking into this new system for downloading race
files. I did a search in this group to try to find instructions on how
to get started but didn't have luck. Is it as simple as going to the
dennes.net website and signup as a user so that you can download races,
or is there more involved. I have the Divec player that I use to play
Jannes' old vids. thanks for any help.

Old March 17th 06, 09:18 AM

Thanks. Another dumb question. Last night I downloaded the
Vasalopppet 2006 file by launching the small file that the dennes
network provided. I can see the file as being in a "downloaded" status
as it appears in the uTorrent 1.5 screen, but I don't see where it
actually exists on my hard drive. I try to click on the file on the
uTorrent screen but I don't see how I can save the Vasaloppet file to
my computer. Couldn't find anything in the Dennes HELP section.
Any tips? Thanks.

JK

wrote:
Basically the file you download from dennes.net just tells a BitTorrent
client on your computer how to connect to other users sharing the file.

There are full details on where to find more info in my first post in
this topic (3rd from the top). If you have any questions after going
through those links, please let me know.

Old March 17th 06, 11:53 AM

When this was set up a couple months ago for some reason Azureus was
recommended as the torrent downloader. It's real obvious there in the
Open torrent box (Location to save data).

Olympic Picks tassava Nordic Skiing 5 February 6th 06 09:15 PM
Field Test - START Grip Tape John O'Connell Nordic Skiing 11 March 19th 04 09:37 PM
Winter Olympic Park Closed? -JP- Nordic Skiing 3 March 1st 04 10:37 PM
Korte start moved and other topics. John Galt Nordic Skiing 6 February 27th 04 10:02 PM
START kick scotch tape??? revyakin Nordic Skiing 32 December 11th 03 09:55 AM