New Salomon boots (redux)

Old March 15th 06, 03:52 PM

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:40:10 +0100, lasr wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:11:25 +0100, Marcuski
wrote:

Gene,

Thanks for posting on the new boots, which have been a source of
curiosity for me. When you mentioned the Salomon reps' recommendation
to shave the flexor to enhance compatibility with the Profil binding,
is this because of a change in the location of the front pin? I've seen
some specs for the new Pilot 2 sole, which indicate the front pin has
been shifted back (away) from the front "clasp" of the binding,
approximately 10mm. Is it your impression that the retrofit kit relates
specifically to a change in the flexor, or something else? Did the reps
have anything to say about compatibility of the new line of carbon
skate boots and profil bindings? Thanks, Marc

I just bought a pair of skate boots from the new carbon line. It is
still the same, you have to shave the flexor on Profil bindings.

LASR

I have just changed the flexors to a yellow classic (Flex 85). It works
very well unshaved, better then shaved Flex 115.

LASR
Old March 15th 06, 11:00 PM

lasr wrote:

I just bought a pair of skate boots from the new carbon line. It
is still the same, you have to shave the flexor on Profil bindings.

LASR

I have just changed the flexors to a yellow classic (Flex 85). It
works very well unshaved, better then shaved Flex 115.

LASR

As well it should. 115 is a skate flexor.

GG
Old March 16th 06, 03:52 PM

Gear West in Minnesota has the S-LAB Carbon Skates for sale now.
$399.99

http://store.yahoo.com/gear-west/sascask.html

Old March 16th 06, 05:48 PM

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:00:34 +0100, Gene Goldenfeld
wrote:

lasr wrote:

I just bought a pair of skate boots from the new carbon line. It
is still the same, you have to shave the flexor on Profil bindings.

LASR

I have just changed the flexors to a yellow classic (Flex 85). It
works very well unshaved, better then shaved Flex 115.

LASR

As well it should. 115 is a skate flexor.

GG

I know 115 is a skate flexor.
My point was that Pilot boots on Profil bindings works better(for me) with
an unshaved 85 flexor than with a shaved 115 flexor.

LASR
Old March 17th 06, 02:33 AM

Only up to size 10.5. At the Birkie, Salomon said they hadn't received
any 11s and a very few in the classics. GW may have picked up that
stock.