Fashionability of one-piece snow suits ..... check this out!

Old December 10th 03, 10:42 AM
copek

Default Fashionability of one-piece snow suits ..... check this out!

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/pics1.html

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk

Old December 10th 03, 07:02 PM
WeatherCam

Copek

Bloody brilliant - have you got the balls to post it in the
rec.skiing.resorts.europe newsgroup - you know me, I'll do it if you don't -
trouble will be many of the "*******" in that newsgroup are probably in the
site.....

I think this pastime of snapping "rompersuits" could be almost as good as
Extreme Ironing....

Regards as ever
WC

Old December 11th 03, 06:54 AM
WeatherCam

Baka

For your info I'm reasonably up to speed with the fashion world - so you've
just happended to have picked a debate with the wrong person - my other half
is ex fashion director of "W" , Cosmolitan and Tatler Magazines here in the
UK - to touch just on her career - www.elainedeed. c o m .
and has written about alpine fashion for some of the major sunday newspapers
here.....

Whislt I acknowledge that some designers have come out of the east, Yogi
Yamamoto , Comme des garcons - on the whole Eastern culture is starved of
any decennt fashion style.....you only have to wtness the amount of Chineese
/ Japaneeese tourists walking around London and going to all the has been
"fashion" hotspots like Carnaby street and the Kings road - they still think
punk is alive and the like....so so out of touch...

In fact we' could set up a new websie with pictures of japaneese tourists
walking around London looking stupid!

And then when it comes to the major Fashion weeks and shows they all try so
hard to look cool and it jus does not work....

But maybe the theory is that you all want to wear one piece suits because
you think it makes you look taller!

REgards
WC

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
news:slrnbtf8ad.2u6.idontreadthis@yahoobb220004112 021.bbtec.net...
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:42:29 -0000, copek said (and I quote):
http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/pics1.html

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk

I stand by my statements. The one-piece is back. In fact, it was
back two seasons ago (a little), and last year it was almost
over-exposed. I predict that this season the one-piece's popularity
will hold steady, and then next season it will start to decline. You
losers over in Europe and America have already missed the bus, and
here you are still laughing about the one-pieces of the previous
generation. If you only knew how sadly out-of-date this makes you
look.

I'm looking forward to seeing the looks on your faces when that urge
to buy a one-piece starts to grow over the coming seasons. You can
imagine the look on my face - laughing at the pathetic westerners as
they imagine themselves so daring for reviving a fashion no-no. But
there's no prize for second in the fashion world, and that's what
you'll always be - second to the ball, behind the curve, and always
congratulating yourselves for your innovations, ignorant of how
genuinely old and tired they are by the standards of the east.

Why don't you come and join the 21st century with the rest of us?
--
A: Top-posters.
Q: What's the most annoying thing on usenet?

Old December 11th 03, 09:56 AM
copek

WC : never ventured into the rec.skiing.resorts.europe newsgroup .....
think i'll leave that one to you .... let me know how it turns out!

baka : whatever. i was just posting an amusing link. no need to start a
major race debate about it. your one piece boiler suits sound pretty cool
to me. got any pictures?

maybe i'll just have to wait till our sense of style catches up .... then
again, maybe we'll out flank you by starting wearing retro one-piece
fluoro-suits (with our mono-skis) in the 'ironic 80's style' so prevalent in
certain areas of london ....

take it easy,

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
news:slrnbtgd2e.50p.idontreadthis@yahoobb220004112 021.bbtec.net...
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:54:51 -0000, WeatherCam said (and I quote):

[...]

Your smart words show only one thing - you're in denial. Still
clinging to a glorious past where Britain was the home of style.
Well, that time is no more, and this whole argument just proves it.
Where are the new styles like one-pieces coming from? Not from
Britain!

And to say that Japanese tourists are getting it wrong by going to
Carnabee Rd and Kings St, well, that just shows how you don't even
know your own culture. Everybody in the whole world knows that
Carnabee Rd and Kings St are THE fashion streets in London. Trying to
say that they're "has-been" just shows that you have no credibility
when it comes to the fashion world.

Your cheap attempts to denigrate Chinese and Japanese people will be
seen for the racist tactics they are, and a desperate attempt to
paper over the fact that the best fashion (like one-piece suits) now
comes from the east.
--
A: Top-posters.
Q: What's the most annoying thing on usenet?

Old December 11th 03, 10:39 AM
WeatherCam

Copek

I think our "vertically challenged friend of Eastern persuassion is winding
us up......

I'm taking this as an amusing response - especially the bit about "Carnabee
street" - that was just to over the top to be taken seriously - nice try
Baka - and you'll never get me going on the racist slant - because I whole
heartly agree that I am a "racist*"........I'll call an Irishman a "Paddy" ,
a Scot a "Jock" , Frenchy a Frog", Germans "Krauts" and I'll join in any
banter, taking the mickey out of anyone including me a stupid Brit /
Limey - we even have names for the people in the various regions of the UK
and take the **** out of them - satire of stereo types has al has always
been with us --- now in this PC world we live - I could be branded a
"racist*" - the world's slowly going mad........some of my best friends have
been of various races / colours / creeds - I don't give a damn.....as long
as they're well balanced, humerous and amiable - oh well that rules out the
"Yanks" then......

Regards
WC

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
[...]

A: Top-posters.
Q: What's the most annoying thing on usenet?

Old December 11th 03, 12:11 PM
toddjb

"WeatherCam" wrote in message ...

In fact we' could set up a new websie with pictures of japaneese tourists
walking around London looking stupid!

....allright, stop teasing, give us the link then mate!
Old December 11th 03, 05:05 PM
WeatherCam

"toddjb" wrote in message
om...
"WeatherCam" wrote in message

In fact we' could set up a new websie with pictures of japaneese

tourists
walking around London looking stupid!

...allright, stop teasing, give us the link then mate!

I said "In fact we'could set up......." not that we have - sorry to
disappoint - maybe Baka could do us a turn - as he's so UNCOOL

Regards

WC

Old December 12th 03, 01:03 AM
Dr Bob Holt

People please. The website was meant to be funny, not the cause of bickering
and bad feeling towards our fellow snowsliders. Focus. As I recall when we
launched the site nearly 2 years ago it was (fairly) well received in
r.s.r.europe.
BOB
--
http://www.endlesswinter.co.uk
"When Hell freezes over, I'll snowboard there too"

"WeatherCam" wrote in message

om...

Old December 12th 03, 06:28 AM
WeatherCam

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
news:slrnbtic6f.4ap.idontreadthis@yahoobb220004112 021.bbtec.net...
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:42:29 -0000, copek said (and I quote):
http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/pics1.html

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk

OK you bunch of unbelievers. You've asked for pictures, and
that's what you're getting. Prepare to have your whole world
fall around you.

http://www.geocities.jp/costbeck/one-piece/
--
A: Top-posters.
Q: What's the most annoying thing on usenet?

Baka.....

Do you play squash in it , or actually you probably use when maitaining your
pushbikes so my spies tell me down there in Aus - great rugby result eh?

Nice pictures though - well done.....entertained me whilst having breakast
this am

Oh one more thing.....which every one might be interested in....from a
Japanesse transaltion site....

BAKA Informal word meaning "stupid". This has to be the most commonly
used insult in Japan. Being called stupid is quite serious to the Japanese.

DASAI Exclamation used to express disgust about something totally uncool.

REgards

WC