Courmayeur/La Rosiere...

Old January 20th 05, 01:50 PM
Le Dieu

Default Courmayeur/La Rosiere...

Just back from 3 days there and in La Thuile/La Rosiere. Snow very poor
especially on last day. Best conditions in La Rosiere, the red runs near the
fort being the highlight of the trip. Did my first black by accident,
wanting to ski down to La Thuile at the end of the day and not being
bothered to check my piste map. Tired, poor, icy, stony snow and on skis
that felt too long were not my ideal conditions for my first attempt. Got
down more or less safely but no marks for style.

I hate my new skis. Salomon Crossmax 8s. 175 cm. They felt too long for me,
although technically I suppose they're not. I'm used to about 170s or even
shorter and I was compensating for the extra length by leaning forward with
my upper body too much and my skiiing went to pieces. Does anyone have any
opinion as to the best skis for an aspiring intermediate with about 5 weeks
experience. I might have a buyer for my 175s and if so would consider buying
another shorter pair of something else. I'm 6'1 and 82 kgs.

TIA

A. D.