Donek Incline or Burton T6?

Old September 5th 03, 05:51 PM
Todd Boland

Default Donek Incline or Burton T6?

I'm in the market for a new board. I'd classify myself as an all-mountain
rider who is just starting to get curious in the park. To me, there is
nothing more satisfying than a perfect, deep carve. I'm preparing to buy
a board and I'm interested in Donek's Incline and Burton's T6. I heard
there is a limited warrantee on the T6 because of it's experimental
core/base (the board isnt covered in the park). It's also ~550 dollars
but money isn't an issue when it comes to snowboarding.

I've heard nothing but good things about Donek. The fact that I can
email the owner of the company and get a response within a day also
carries some weight.

Does anyone have anything negative to say about the burton T6 or Donek
Incline?

--
Todd
Old September 5th 03, 07:48 PM
Mike T

Does anyone have anything negative to say about the burton T6 or Donek
Incline?

As an owner of three Doneks (plus two for my wife), the only real negative I
can report is that the topsheets chip easily. BUT... the new Doneks come
with an improved topsheet that is close to ding-proof. I've seen it with my
own two eyes, at Mount Hood this summer. It works.

I can't comment on the T6 except by reading the spec sheet... and if you
like to carve, I think you'll like the shallower (longer) sidecut radius on
the Donek better. More stable at speed, and you can hold the edge on a
bigger turn. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion the T6 will have a rather
synthetic feel, like last year's Salomon Fastback, based on that "alumifly"
core. Donek has nicely solved the problem of adding torsional stiffness
without sacrificing the feel of the lengthwise flex... you can read amore on
their site.

My recommendation: Buy an Incline, and then spend the extra money on a
weekend or three of boarding! Or, if you really want to spend $600 and
change on boards, buy two Inclines in different sizes

Mike T

Old September 6th 03, 08:25 PM
Jason Watkins

Does anyone have anything negative to say about the burton T6 or Donek
Incline?

Some friends and I demo'd a couple T6's in march. I currently ride a
Donek Wide. I didn't really get much of a chance to form a balanced
opinion, but my impression of the T6 was that it was similar to other
burton boards I've tried. A little soft, quick turning, and mellow
cruising. The thing that was striking about the T6 was it was so
incredibly light.

In the end, my two friends who currently ride burtons both really
liked the T6, and I like my donek better.

As far as carving goes, I have little doubt that the Donek would be
better. I also am sure the T6 would be better for jibbing and pipe.
Tricks off bigger jumps I think it's a tossup between having light
weight you could huck or having a stiffer, smoother riding board
that'll give you confidence launching and landing with speed.
Old September 7th 03, 04:58 AM
Dr Bob Holt

Sorry to hop on the Donek bandwagon, but they are very good boards, and they
are cheap and you do get very personal service from Sean. I would never buy
a factory board again.
BOB
--
http://www.endlesswinter.co.uk
"When Hell freezes over, I'll snowboard there too"

om...