Still skiing at Mammoth: Great Memrmorial day celabration

Old May 29th 05, 08:44 PM
Wayne Decker

Default Still skiing at Mammoth: Great Memrmorial day celabration

We still have 10 to 12 feet of snow in the Eastern Sierra. The Mule Days
celebration here in Bishop is very well attended. I had Friday of so I had
the Mountain to myself. Blue bird day in the upper 60's. Sat and Sun are
always busy but I stayed home and did the usual spring chores. I'll be up
on the Mountain again on Mon for Memorial day and the season ender for the
Mill. The Mill (@ chair 2) always closes Memorial day evening. (for most of
the guests--it will be "get away day"--so it will empy out early.) MMSA will
continue with all activity out of the Main Lodge---through July 4th and
possibly beyond.

--
I ski, therefore I am

Old May 29th 05, 08:46 PM
Wayne Decker

PS Yosemite is closer to me than it is to Trukee.

--
I ski, therefore I am
"Wayne Decker" wrote in message
We still have 10 to 12 feet of snow in the Eastern Sierra. The Mule Days
celebration here in Bishop is very well attended. I had Friday of so I
had the Mountain to myself. Blue bird day in the upper 60's. Sat and Sun
are always busy but I stayed home and did the usual spring chores. I'll
be up on the Mountain again on Mon for Memorial day and the season ender
for the Mill. The Mill (@ chair 2) always closes Memorial day evening.
(for most of the guests--it will be "get away day"--so it will empy out
early.) MMSA will continue with all activity out of the Main
Lodge---through July 4th and possibly beyond.

--
I ski, therefore I am

Newsgroups
=----

Old May 29th 05, 10:11 PM
lal_truckee

Wayne Decker wrote:
PS Yosemite is closer to me than it is to Trukee.

Yeah, but you can't get to the valley - the pass is still closed...
Old May 29th 05, 10:17 PM
lal_truckee

Wayne Decker wrote:
MMSA will
continue with all activity out of the Main Lodge---through July 4th and
possibly beyond.

I like the Mammoth Main Lodge - great layout inside - thing must have
grown like an amoeba, additions whenever somebody needed some extra
space with no overall building plan. Great old-time-ski feel as you walk
the maze through the locker rooms toward the funky cafeteria are that
you just don't get with the Mill, although they at least tried when they
designed the Mill building - it's not evil like those anti-ski nightmare
lodge building Deer Park and other newbie mountains have created.
Old May 29th 05, 10:43 PM
Richard Henry

"Wayne Decker" wrote in message
PS Yosemite is closer to me than it is to Trukee.

Except by road (until summer).

Old May 30th 05, 01:13 AM
Dave Stallard

Sven Golly wrote:
lal_truckee wrote in news:Pbrme.22747$J12.18022
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

I like the Mammoth Main Lodge - great layout inside - thing must have
grown like an amoeba, additions whenever somebody needed some extra
space with no overall building plan.

You gotta be kidding. It feels like a WW II German bunker system. All
poured concrete, lockers, ramps, stairs. All that's missing are the machine
gun nests and lookout towers. No soul at all. Not even manufactured soul.
And what a mess trying to get from point a to b.

Concrete bunker? Sounds like Snowbird Center.

Dave
Old May 30th 05, 02:33 AM
Richard Henry

"Sven Golly" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote in news:Pbrme.22747$J12.18022
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

I like the Mammoth Main Lodge - great layout inside - thing must have
grown like an amoeba, additions whenever somebody needed some extra
space with no overall building plan.

You gotta be kidding. It feels like a WW II German bunker system. All
poured concrete, lockers, ramps, stairs. All that's missing are the

machine
gun nests and lookout towers. No soul at all. Not even manufactured soul.
And what a mess trying to get from point a to b.

You missed the lookout towers?

Old May 30th 05, 03:30 AM
lal_truckee

Sven Golly wrote:

And what a mess trying to get from point a to b.

Ah! So you understand the appeal also. I love it's total funkyness. Has
the race department moved from it's end of the basement maze location?