V2 Retro Classic Rollerski Feedback?

Old January 2nd 06, 02:01 PM

Default V2 Retro Classic Rollerski Feedback?

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the three-wheel V2 SR 100 Retro
Classic or Aero Retro Classic rollerskis this spring and am looking for
some feedback from anyone using either rollerski. (Apologies if
thinking spring this time of year is heresy, but the pitiful snowfall
thus far in my neck of the woods has me already longing for
rollerskiing.)

First, how's the durability of the "never-go-flat" SR 100 tires on the
SR 100 Retro Classic? Is the never-need-air feature of these tires
reason enough to go with the SR 100 Retro Classic over the Aero Retro
Classic? And, for anyone who is using the calf-activated break, is the
brake more effective with the SR 100 tire or the Aero tire? Is skier
weight a factor in recommended use of one ski over another, as it seems
to be with Aero 125 vs. 150? (I'm 185 lbs.)

Also, since I'll be using Salomon Profil bindings, I'm wondering if the
weight of either rollerski warrants a stiffer toe bumper. Go with the
classic yellow or the skate red?

Old January 2nd 06, 02:14 PM

I think that this roller ski would be great if you need the excellent speed
reducer, added stability, and don't ski where there are a lot of turns. I'd
like a pair for steep hill repeats. For that I am now using a roller ski
with two 125 tires in back and one 150 in the front.

There have been various reports about the longevity of the SR 100 wheels. I
can not directly comment because I have only abot 250 km on my skate skis
with them.

Jenex hasn't sold many of the 100SR three wheeled roller ski you are
inquiring about, so how that tire holds up to use that doesn't involve a lot
of scrubbing is probably not known.

I think that the choice between the two three wheel classic skis you are
considering should be based more on surface than skier's weight. The big
wheel version rolls over just about any pavement, and I've used them on rail
road bed trails too. They are pretty hefty, and I'd think a skier needs to
be strong and weight 175 or so to overcome their weight penalty if proper
technique simulation is important.

Stiff boot soles and a stiff bumper may help control the roller skis, and
save your feet from undue stress. I'd go with a combi bumper and combi
boots.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

ups.com...