Moooore Snoooow Pleeeeeease....

Old December 28th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Default Moooore Snoooow Pleeeeeease....

Not that I've been out for two weeks, but the talk of Tignes is that
"everything's turned to ****e on the hill" apart from the Palafour runs
that are supposedly holding up okay. The canons are still going full
blast, but the increased traffic and relentless sun has taken its toll
with rocks and pebbles aplenty. "Some of those runs should be closed
before someone brains themselves, " said one punter yesterday.

Still, everyone's tans are coming along very nicely thanks.

Matt

P.s. The high pressure system is meant to break this weekend, so
there's a blizzard at the end of the tunnel....

Old December 28th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Matt T" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Not that I've been out for two weeks, but the talk of Tignes is that
| "everything's turned to ****e on the hill" apart from the Palafour
runs
| that are supposedly holding up okay. The canons are still going full
| blast, but the increased traffic and relentless sun has taken its toll
| with rocks and pebbles aplenty. "Some of those runs should be closed
| before someone brains themselves, " said one punter yesterday.
|
| Still, everyone's tans are coming along very nicely thanks.
|
| Matt
|
| P.s. The high pressure system is meant to break this weekend, so
| there's a blizzard at the end of the tunnel....

Yes - apparently there's a few light showers of rain expected early next
week ;-)

Pete
http://mysnowsports.com

Old December 29th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Rob White

Just got back from Espace Killy. Tignes is doing really quite nicely. The
run to Breviere is shut and there are some stony patches here and there but
most pistes are in pretty good shape -we had some really good skiing. All
is not doom and gloom.

Rob

"Matt T" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not that I've been out for two weeks, but the talk of Tignes is that
"everything's turned to ****e on the hill" apart from the Palafour runs
that are supposedly holding up okay. The canons are still going full
blast, but the increased traffic and relentless sun has taken its toll
with rocks and pebbles aplenty. "Some of those runs should be closed
before someone brains themselves, " said one punter yesterday.

Still, everyone's tans are coming along very nicely thanks.

Matt

P.s. The high pressure system is meant to break this weekend, so
there's a blizzard at the end of the tunnel....

It has removed 235 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old December 29th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
MadCow

In message , pg
writes

| P.s. The high pressure system is meant to break this weekend, so
| there's a blizzard at the end of the tunnel....

Yes - apparently there's a few light showers of rain expected early next
week ;-)

It looks more chaotic than usual:

http://squall.sfsu.edu/gif/jetstream_norhem_00.gif

How would it be if it snows a lot then suddenly thaws?

--
Sue ]
Old December 29th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

MadCow wrote:

How would it be if it snows a lot then suddenly thaws?

Dunno - ask us again next week...

Matt

Old December 29th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"MadCow" wrote in message
| In message , pg
| writes
|
| | P.s. The high pressure system is meant to break this weekend, so
| | there's a blizzard at the end of the tunnel....
|
| Yes - apparently there's a few light showers of rain expected early
next
| week ;-)
|

| It looks more chaotic than usual:
|
| http://squall.sfsu.edu/gif/jetstream_norhem_00.gif
|
| How would it be if it snows a lot then suddenly thaws?

Very slushy

Old December 29th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Matt T wrote:

MadCow wrote:

How would it be if it snows a lot then suddenly thaws?

Actually, and further to Rob's update, I've just been chatting to a guy
who's been over to La Fornet today - snow there is in good shape, as it
usually is. The Solaise area is suffering a bit - very icy - and the
red run into Val is it's usual horrible self. Moving across to Tignes,
the Gratalu, Tichot, Grand Huit lifts and their associated runs are a
little icy, but in pretty good shape. The runs down from the Grande
Motte however are very busy and with large boulders showing through.

They're still saying snow and high winds from Sunday night onwards.
Frying pans and Fires will probably be mentioned.

Matt

Old December 31st 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Matt T wrote:

Not that I've been out for two weeks, but the talk of Tignes is that
"everything's turned to ****e on the hill" apart from the Palafour runs
that are supposedly holding up okay. The canons are still going full
blast, but the increased traffic and relentless sun has taken its toll
with rocks and pebbles aplenty. "Some of those runs should be closed
before someone brains themselves, " said one punter yesterday.

Still, everyone's tans are coming along very nicely thanks.

Matt

P.s. The high pressure system is meant to break this weekend, so
there's a blizzard at the end of the tunnel....

Okay, so the key to more snow is obviously to use more vowels in post
titles - everyone else take note.

We had about 2cm last night which, whilst not exactly setting our snowy
world alight, is hopefully a sign of things to come. Most people seem
agreed that the new year will herald almost half a metre of snow (with
some high wind, unfortunately) and the snow-rain limit will drop to
below 1000M, no doubt pleasing those poor unfortunates in Les Brev no
end.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

Happy New Year all - may it be white, prosperous and may Ace get back
on his skis.

Matt

Old December 31st 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

"Matt T" wrote in message
oups.com...

| Matt T wrote:

| Happy New Year all - may it be white, prosperous and may Ace get back
| on his skis.

No sign yet of all that snow... but anyway, have a ....

http://mysnowsports.com/webcams/zzNYE1000B.jpg !

Pete

Old January 2nd 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

pg wrote:

"Matt T" wrote in message
oups.com...

| Matt T wrote:

| Happy New Year all - may it be white, prosperous and may Ace get back
| on his skis.

No sign yet of all that snow... but anyway, have a ....

http://mysnowsports.com/webcams/zzNYE1000B.jpg !

Pete

Ah - it was about 13 hours late in arriving. It pretended to be rain
and sleet for most of the morning, but it wasn't fooling anyone and
sure enough, by mid-afternoon it had turned to snow at 2100M. It's
still going now and quite low down as well apparently - the road to Val
d'Isere is reported as being 'not much fun' and the gendarmes are
checking cars for chains coming up from Bourg.

I hope everyone had a good one!

Matt