Manmade Snow In The Summer ?! Second Try

Old November 11th 03, 11:50 AM
Varanasi Benares

Default Manmade Snow In The Summer ?! Second Try

Old November 11th 03, 02:39 PM
Chester Bullock

Varanasi Benares wrote:
{{{{nothing}}}}

I don't know what you are trying, but it isn't working...

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old November 12th 03, 12:44 AM
Varanasi Benares

Old November 12th 03, 12:53 AM
Varanasi Benares

Though I confess I admire my unusual brevity, this is getting
ridiculous. Is there something wrong with the moderating software?
What am I doing wrong?

Old November 12th 03, 12:54 AM
The Real Bev

Varanasi Benares wrote:
again, nothing

Perhaps if you explained what you're trying to do someone could help.

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

Old November 12th 03, 01:00 AM
Varanasi Benares

Old November 12th 03, 01:08 AM
Varanasi Benares

From Popular Science's 2003 Best of What's New (which includes lots of
other fun stuff):

SnowMagic Entertainment's Infinite Crystal Snowmaking (ICS) produces
snow regardless of outdoor temperature. Typical snowmakers require
sub–28°F air, because sprayed water droplets must freeze before hitting
the ground. ICS reverses this process: Water is frozen into thin sheets
inside an icehouse, then crushed into tiny pieces and shot onto the
mountain. The $400,000 to $1 million system can deliver up to 50 tons of
the white stuff each day. And once a large enough heap of snow is on the
mountain, it can withstand even summer heat (though rain is a problem).
The machine can adjust flake size to optimize performance as the
temperature varies. Although the technology has been in Europe since the
mid-'90s, this year marks its U.S. debut.

Old November 12th 03, 01:08 AM
AstroPax

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:54:33 CST, The Real Bev
wrote:

Perhaps if you explained what you're trying to do someone could help.

Bev,

Based upon the subject line, I would venture to guess that he/she is
attempting to make snow in the summer.

No wonder it's not working.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old November 12th 03, 01:11 AM
AstroPax

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:00:13 CST, Varanasi Benares
wrote:

nothing

Varanasi,

It's against the Laws of Nature to make snow in the summer, even if
you do change the subject !!!!

-Astro

Old November 12th 03, 01:15 AM
AstroPax

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:08:17 CST, Varanasi Benares
wrote:

Water is frozen into thin sheets inside an icehouse,
then crushed into tiny pieces and shot onto the mountain.

That's not snow, it's Crushed Ice. My kitchen freezer ice dispenser
can make that stuff.

-Astro

---