conditions at Killington/bare spots?

Old November 22nd 03, 09:35 PM
dw

Default conditions at Killington/bare spots?

Can anybody help with info on specifically: are there any bare spots on the
few open slopes at Killington this wkend?

Dana Woods

Old November 23rd 03, 03:08 PM
Schmoe

"dw" wrote in message
Can anybody help with info on specifically: are there any bare spots on

the
few open slopes at Killington this wkend?

I'd be amazed if there weren't. It's going to be 50 deg in Rutland and was
yesterday. We need a 2 weeks cold stretch before the bare spots will
disappear.

Old November 24th 03, 02:33 AM
neoneon

thanks for the reply. I tend to agree and I did not go. Sunday river looks
promisiing however, and they just opened Locke Mtn , total of 14 trails
open.

Dana Woods

"Schmoe" wrote in message
t...

Old November 24th 03, 11:45 PM
AstroPax

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:07:04 -0500, Juan KoolDude
wrote:

I was in Killington on 11/15, snow conditions were actually pretty
good, Granted, it's warmed up since, but now temps are supposed to go
down and they are actually planning on making snow tonight.

....in the meantime...approximately 2000 miles to the west:

http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro...-23-03_007.htm

-Astro

Old November 25th 03, 12:28 AM
Juan KoolDude

Watch yourself, I know it's extremely rare. But I remember last season
skiing powder in VT and you guys were crying for snow. Don't jinx
yourself now.

n Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:45:23 -0700, AstroPax

Old November 25th 03, 12:37 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

AstroPax wrote:

...in the meantime...approximately 2000 miles to the west:
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro...-23-03_007.htm

Ahhhhh!!!! You bahstid! Glory Hole, east side?

Hey, new name for Easterners: "Iceterners"

Astro, try taking a few snaps with white balance set at Cloudy-3 and
compare to auto and see what you think.

Mike...

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old November 25th 03, 01:50 AM
AstroPax

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:37:11 -0700, "Let Mikey Ski It!"
wrote:

AstroPax wrote:

...in the meantime...approximately 2000 miles to the west:
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro...-23-03_007.htm

Ahhhhh!!!! You bahstid! Glory Hole, east side?

That's what it looks like, but actually it's more north of Glory
Hole...like if you were to ski down into Glory, it would be the area
to your left. I think.

Hey, new name for Easterners: "Iceterners"

Astro, try taking a few snaps with white balance set at Cloudy-3 and
compare to auto and see what you think.

Should I do that in the sun, the shade, or both?

-Astro

Old November 25th 03, 03:00 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

AstroPax wrote:

Should I do that in the sun, the shade, or both?

Try it in all conditions. I haven't tried it in powder (grumble grumble)
but I like it elsewhere. I'll try and see if I can find the link to the tip
that got me onto this.

(grumble grumble)

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)

Old November 25th 03, 12:42 PM
nafod40

Let Mikey Ski It! wrote:
AstroPax wrote:

...in the meantime...approximately 2000 miles to the west:
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro...-23-03_007.htm

Ahhhhh!!!! You bahstid! Glory Hole, east side?

Hey, new name for Easterners: "Iceterners"

Astro, try taking a few snaps with white balance set at Cloudy-3 and
compare to auto and see what you think.

Is that particular to your camera? I have a Canon A70...