Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo

Old April 1st 11, 11:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Whoo Hoo Whoo Hoo

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:28:04 -0700, "NormG"
wrote this crap:

In Canada Lotto winnings are tax free. I think the rationale is that taxes
are on earned income. Not sure how they rationalize steal^x^x^x^x Taxing
inheritance.

They don't. They just do it. They tax capital gains too, which is
not earned income.

But the one that kills me is corporate taxes which the corporation
passes on the consumer. Then if they make a profit, it gets taxed,
the remainder is a dividend to the stockholders, which gets taxed.
Do you wonder why China is catching up to us?

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old April 1st 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 04/01/2011 12:28 AM, NormG wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/31/11 8:40 AM, Walt wrote:
Lotteries are particularly bad since their expected value is usually
in the range of -.5, meaning you lose roughly half of what you wager
in the long run. If you factor in the taxes you owe on the
winnings, it's even worse.

You can deduct gambling losses from winnings if you keep records, so
your .5 expected value means taxes can be a net wash. Just thought
you'd want to know.

In Canada Lotto winnings are tax free. I think the rationale is that taxes
are on earned income. Not sure how they rationalize steal^x^x^x^x Taxing
inheritance.

That's easy. How many people win the lottery? How many people die?
It's a no-brainer, it easy to be generous if you are not too
generous.
Old April 1st 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:47:22 -0700, "NormG"
wrote this crap:

wrote:

In Canada Lotto winnings are tax free. I think the rationale is that
taxes are on earned income. Not sure how they rationalize
steal^x^x^x^x Taxing inheritance.

They don't. They just do it. They tax capital gains too, which is
not earned income.

I dunno, I would think that a return on an investment is earned, wouldn't
you?

Nope. sure don't.

There's more ways to earn income than labouring for someone else all your
life.

Lottery? Begging? Inheriting? Fill me in here.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. repeal the nightmares.

Old April 7th 11, 09:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Let Mikey Ski It![_4_]

On 2011-03-28 16:49:02 -0600, said:

I had a winner on the lottery today.

Happy April 1st to you too.

--
Now skiing Brian Head, Utah
Ski Photography:

Old April 8th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:00:52 -0600, Let Mikey Ski It!

On 2011-03-28 16:49:02 -0600, said:

I had a winner on the lottery today.

Happy April 1st to you too.

You're welcome.

I won enough money to buy a beer.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.