The long road back

Old January 5th 05, 05:05 PM
DingusMilktoast

OK its just like Vail after 10 freaking feet of fresh falling in 5 days...

"Two feet a day, that's all we ask!"

DMT

Old January 5th 05, 06:13 PM
pinnah

"DingusMilktoast" wrote:
"Two feet a day, that's all we ask!"

Just for the record, everybody west of Vermont just rots.

Fer cryin' out loud, we're getting screwed out here in the east.
Please send the snow this a'way.
Old January 5th 05, 11:39 PM
Guido

"pinnah" screams after:
"DingusMilktoast" wrote:
"Two feet a day, that's all we ask!"

Just for the record, everybody west of Vermont just rots.

Fer cryin' out loud, we're getting screwed out here in the east.
Please send the snow this a'way.

Exactly what every eastern lurker has been thinking.

Give it up, Dingus --- share!

Old January 6th 05, 01:51 AM

Good for you! I've got a buddy who skied from Illumination Saddle on Mt.
Hood down to Timberline wearing a neck brace because he just couldn't take
the inactivity anymore. Of course, he's injured about half the time, so it
doesn't hold him back as much as some... his ski patrol friends couldn't
believe it as he cruised in...
Old January 6th 05, 01:54 AM

Critical question, for a guy who grew up in the Bay Area in the
sixties/seventies, is: does anyone have that great "Ski Bear" poster? Should
be quite a collector's item by now; I'm surprised they haven't reissued
it...

Scoobey
Old January 6th 05, 05:54 AM
David Blanchard

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:

There's more snow at the RockBowl (Snowbowl) in AZ, than there is at Vail.
http://www.arizonasnowbowl.com/inter...nowreport.html
Some nice BC skiing available in the San Francisco Peaks area w/ views of
the N. Rim of the GC.

But it needs another day or two to settle. I went out yesterday (Tue)
and slogged my way up through deep snow. Too deep to ski anything but
the really steep pitches. Another few days -- tomorrow even -- should
be better.

-db-

Old January 6th 05, 10:50 PM
Champ

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:13:39 -0500, pinnah
wrote:

"DingusMilktoast" wrote:
"Two feet a day, that's all we ask!"

Just for the record, everybody west of Vermont just rots.

Butbutbut - I live the other side of the Atlantic, and still rode that
sierra powder. Try getting on an aeroplane.
--
Champ