All-mountain free skiing

Old March 31st 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

Default All-mountain free skiing

On Mar 31, 6:45 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Mar 30, 9:51 am, Yabahoobs wrote:

On Mar 30, 10:54 am, lal_truckee wrote:

taichiskiing wrote:

No, the folly lies in ...

Who cares.
As long as you're having fun sliding on snow.

These discussions always devolve into the same issue - what's the proper
way to ski.

And the answer is, as always, THERE IS NO PROPER WAY. (As long as you
don't have both feet clamped to the same board in tandem - that's
clearly improper.)

Yes, although the way of skiing can not be fixed, nevertheless, there
are "proper" ways to skiing. Old man gravity does favor to no one; you
fall if you don't follow his rules.

I totally agree. If you're having fun on the snow, that's all that
matters...

What fun do you have, when you cannot do what you would like to do,
because you don't have the [proper] techniques to do it?

Improper techniques only make you fall, but improper mind set may
affect your ability to acquire the proper techniques, as well as the
insight that comes with the proper techniques. When you lack of
insight of skiing, your skiing goes nowhere.

The problems arise when some people (like...say...Scotty) claim of
epic days on mountains with incredible "Vert Drop" and other machismo
statistics when they simply live on corduroy.

It sounds more like an egoistic problem that you cannot stand other
people brag.

...or (like...say...Mr. Zen elitist-superiority skiing) when others
claim they have some revolutionary "product" and / or "technique"
which is little more than preventing the use of edges. If he's
happy...great...

Your lack of understanding in Taichi Skiing does not shed the light on
how Taichi Skiing is done; in fact, if you haven't skied with me in
person, you haven't seen nothing yet, but an illusion of your own. The
real thing is hundred times better than those video clips.

It's when he tries to push it on others...

Or you are trying to push your self-conceited illusion onto others?
Your little knowledge on this matter does not do the justice. And the
challenge to you remains, can you do any better? Clips, gapper?

IS

1. Not falling most likely means you are a boring and dull skier.
Consider pushing yourself a little.

2. Egoistic problem ? Bragging by pathetic transparent blowhards like
you is simply rude...akin to your hated bike-path hoggers that you
referred to earlier. Ease up on the pop-psychology there chief.

3. Based on your videos of your ''product'', I am certain that I
frequently and overwhelmingly "do better" than what you're advertising
any time I manage to get up to the mountains...and I think many in
here would say the same thing.

4. The only illusion here is that you are doing something unique and
noteworthy. Your technique is commonplace and boring. You and your
ego are commonplace and equally boring.
Old March 31st 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

And you are "blacker."

and

Clips, gapper?

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. You blithely make
up new words continuously (see above) without so much as a moments
thought to defining them.

You post lame clips that look like nothing so much as a retarded
albatross trying to take off into a tail wind and then claim that that
"The real thing is hundred times better than those video clips." Does
Tai Chi skiing not show up on film?

Dave
Old March 31st 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Mar 31, 1:55 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,

taichiskiing wrote:
And you are "blacker."

and

Clips, gapper?

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. You blithely make
up new words continuously (see above) without so much as a moments
thought to defining them.

You post lame clips that look like nothing so much as a retarded
albatross trying to take off into a tail wind and then claim that that
"The real thing is hundred times better than those video clips." Does
Tai Chi skiing not show up on film?

Dave

Worse, the videos simply look like a common site at any major
mountain...The somewhat wealthy / financially comfy, mid-life crisis
jackass who is more concerned about image and appearance than actually
having fun.
Old March 31st 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

On Mar 30, 10:56 am, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,

taichiskiing wrote:
o, the folly lies in the gappers' gap. A gapper knows neither
himself, nor his opponent, "as every year you come out to banging your
head against my post [and whine about being insulted] shows," and
hence the comment, "maybe it is because that you're too stupid to rise
out of the predicament."

Wow, it's like Chuang Tzu is right in our midst, rewriting Taoism.

I do know quite a few Chuang Tzu's stories, as well as in-depth
knowledge of Taoism, if you would like to hear them, but I don't think
that you know the "Taoism" beyond its label.

One, that is not a very "tao-istic" thing to say.

Two, could you tell me Chuang Tzu's tale "of the confrontation on the
bike path" or his path to enlightenment by name calling? Did he espouse
adopting an air of superiority and arrogance in trying to convince
others that Taoism is the only and best way to approach things? I'd
like to hear more about that.

Dave
Old March 31st 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
Yabahoobs wrote:

Worse, the videos simply look like a common site at any major
mountain...The somewhat wealthy / financially comfy, mid-life crisis
jackass who is more concerned about image and appearance than actually
having fun.

Hey, hey, hey! You're hitting a little close to home there!

Wanna see my new titanium tipped, tactical gortex, kevlar, carbon fiber
woven bootlaces? It's the same stuff they make the stealth bomber's
toilet seat covers out of. I ordered it from StuffNobodyNeeds.com*

Dave

* StuffNobodyNeeds.com would make an excellent URL, btw.
Old March 31st 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Mar 31, 2:10 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,

Yabahoobs wrote:
Worse, the videos simply look like a common site at any major
mountain...The somewhat wealthy / financially comfy, mid-life crisis
jackass who is more concerned about image and appearance than actually
having fun.

Hey, hey, hey! You're hitting a little close to home there!

Wanna see my new titanium tipped, tactical gortex, kevlar, carbon fiber
woven bootlaces? It's the same stuff they make the stealth bomber's
toilet seat covers out of. I ordered it from StuffNobodyNeeds.com*

Dave

* StuffNobodyNeeds.com would make an excellent URL, btw.

Did you order it while pretending to meditate too ?! :-)
Old March 31st 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Yabahoobs wrote:
Worse, the videos simply look like a common site at any major
mountain...The somewhat wealthy / financially comfy, mid-life crisis
jackass who is more concerned about image and appearance than actually
having fun.

Hey, hey, hey! You're hitting a little close to home there!

Wanna see my new titanium tipped, tactical gortex, kevlar, carbon fiber
woven bootlaces? It's the same stuff they make the stealth bomber's
toilet seat covers out of. I ordered it from StuffNobodyNeeds.com*

Dave

* StuffNobodyNeeds.com would make an excellent URL, btw.

Did you order it while pretending to meditate too ?! :-)

I was meditating too deeply and omitted to lift the cover of the stealth
bomber toilet seat. Now the USAF has StuffNobodyNeeds too !
Old March 31st 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 31, 12:55*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. *You blithely make
up new words continuously (see above) without so much as a moments
thought to defining them.

You post lame clips that look like nothing so much as a retarded
albatross trying to take off into a tail wind and then claim that that
"The real thing is hundred times better than those video clips." *Does
Tai Chi skiing not show up on film?

It is a state of mind. Mind has no recorder, it must be lived.

Old March 31st 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,

Yabahoobs wrote:
Worse, the videos simply look like a common site at any major
mountain...The somewhat wealthy / financially comfy, mid-life crisis
jackass who is more concerned about image and appearance than actually
having fun.

Hey, hey, hey! You're hitting a little close to home there!

Wanna see my new titanium tipped, tactical gortex, kevlar, carbon fiber
woven bootlaces? It's the same stuff they make the stealth bomber's
toilet seat covers out of. I ordered it from StuffNobodyNeeds.com*

Dave

* StuffNobodyNeeds.com would make an excellent URL, btw.

Did you order it while pretending to meditate too ?! :-)

I actually have a life sized poster of me meditating that I tape on my
window while I eat chips on the couch and watch American Idol and that
game show with the pretty girls and all the suitcases.

Namaste,

Dave
Old March 31st 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Mar 31, 2:53 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,

[...]