Tignes glacier, Saturday

Old October 26th 03, 06:37 AM
PG

Default Tignes glacier, Saturday

More snow during the week. The glacier was closed on Thursday as a result,
and with poor weather on Friday there was virtually nil visibility. But
yesterday was the best yet - no wind, sun, relatively uncrowded, great
conditions on piste that lasted until late on (though some of the crevasses
just beside the pistes looked pretty frightening... some fool managed to
fall in one of course, don't know what happened to him/her)...

Looking great right now, no wind, no clouds, hard frost down at Bourg Saint
Maurice (800m).

Snowed down to 600m in the Tarantaise last week, most has disappeared at
lower altitude, but there's still a sprinkling of snow on the slopes well
below Arcs 1600.

Pete

Old October 26th 03, 10:19 AM
Ian Spare

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 07:37:47 +0100, "PG"
wrote:

More snow during the week. The glacier was closed on Thursday as a result,
and with poor weather on Friday there was virtually nil visibility. But
yesterday was the best yet - no wind, sun, relatively uncrowded, great
conditions on piste that lasted until late on (though some of the crevasses
just beside the pistes looked pretty frightening... some fool managed to
fall in one of course, don't know what happened to him/her)...

Looking great right now, no wind, no clouds, hard frost down at Bourg Saint
Maurice (800m).

Snowed down to 600m in the Tarantaise last week, most has disappeared at
lower altitude, but there's still a sprinkling of snow on the slopes well
below Arcs 1600.

I meant to go last Sunday but I was too tired to drive over, it's a
couple of hours. I really will try and make the effort next Sunday or
Saturday.

How busy has it been over the weekend ?

Ian

--
Yeah, because you never know when the value of 2^15 will change and
you have to go through all your code fixing it.
Old October 26th 03, 10:42 AM
PG

wrote:

I meant to go last Sunday but I was too tired to drive over, it's a
couple of hours. I really will try and make the effort next Sunday or
Saturday.

How busy has it been over the weekend ?

Surprisingly quiet yesterday, just going there for the afternoon now, will
update later.

Pete

Old October 26th 03, 11:42 AM
David Off

wrote:

I meant to go last Sunday but I was too tired to drive over, it's a
couple of hours. I really will try and make the effort next Sunday or
Saturday.

How busy has it been over the weekend ?

Surprisingly quiet yesterday, just going there for the afternoon now, will
update later.

Pete

Everyone is at LdA.

L'alpe d'huez was quiet too... a short report from beau pere who was
there yesterday is on: http://www.pistehors.com/

David

Old October 26th 03, 05:31 PM
PG

"David Off" wrote in message

wrote:

I meant to go last Sunday but I was too tired to drive over, it's a
couple of hours. I really will try and make the effort next Sunday or
Saturday.

How busy has it been over the weekend ?

Surprisingly quiet yesterday, just going there for the afternoon now,

will
update later.

Should have gone first thing when it was sunny, sky and snow the same colour
this pm - pretty hairy skiing at speed (for me anyway). Still it wasn't too
busy, and the pistes were in perfect nick.

Everyone is at LdA.

Don't really miss the 'Mondial', a lot of hype, too many people
skiing/boarding on the glacier, competing for limited space with the race
teams, and the resort is pretty dead - many shops etc can't be bothered to
open up for just one week.

Pete

Old October 27th 03, 09:28 AM
Greg Hilton

How did the rest of the area look Pete, ie the run back down to Tignes?
Trying to decide wether to come out for opening weekend

BoostMobileProSnowboarding on FoxSportsNet Starting May 8 what-s that scrapey noise 7 Snowboarding 1 April 30th 04 03:37 AM
Tignes PG European Ski Resorts 20 October 17th 03 12:30 PM
1m new snow, skiing on Titlis from Saturday Neil Swingler European Ski Resorts 12 October 11th 03 02:47 PM
2 Alpes glacier conditions PG European Ski Resorts 0 August 30th 03 09:01 AM
Tignes Glacier Update David Off European Ski Resorts 4 July 21st 03 03:06 PM