Bad Gastein first week of mars

Old October 25th 03, 09:45 PM
Eric

Default Bad Gastein first week of mars

Bringing my familly to Bad Gastein for a week vacation first week of mars.
Hope it will be a good place to ski for my kids 10 and 12, And my non skiing
wife. Any tips ?

Eric
Telemark, Norway.

Old October 25th 03, 11:28 PM
Ivan Rafn

"Eric" skrev i en meddelelse
Bringing my familly to Bad Gastein for a week vacation first week of mars.
Hope it will be a good place to ski for my kids 10 and 12, And my non

skiing
wife. Any tips ?

Eric
Telemark, Norway.

Hi Eric

Have been to Bad G. a couple of times.

I'm sure you and your kids will find lots of joy onhils.

You will find a wast skiing area, as Bad G. and Bad H. is connected areas
(through Angertall).

There are only few blue runs on the Bad G. side, however you will find many
blue runs in the upper area at Bad H..

On top of the mount. you reach from Bad G. (dosn't remember the name) there
is a panorama restaurent.
In the basement there is an indoor childrens playground, and a free Internet
Cafee.

Your wife will be able to reach it, as there is a gondol lift all the way to
the top.

Should a storm hit the Bad G/H. area (happend to me once), take the bus down
valley to Dorfgastein. It might be sunny all day there.

Park your shoes and skies, overnight, at the main gondol entrence (for a
fee). You will appreciate not to cary excess stuff in the steepy streets of
Bad G.

Be sure to visit the public outdoor hot pool (termen tempel). You can sit
outside in 30C hot water in all wetherconditions. It has a vast indoor area
too, including pools, aromatic saunas etc.. Indoor there will be water
arobics, childrens play etc..
They are open until 21 - 22:00. The restaurent there are faily good.

Don't miss the tuesday (you better check it's still tuesday) only,
"Hausensauber" at the Bellevue Alm. Book tickets (nessesary) at the Bellevue
Hotel in town. It's traditional tiroler entertaintment in world class.
Avoid the sledge (rotel bahn) home, as the slope is steep and poor lit. Some
has been injured there.

Aside from that you wont find much entertaintment in town. It's certainly
not a very lively city (neither is Bad H.).

If you stroll in town at the waterfall, beware, the steps can be icy. A
danish guy fell down in the gully, killing himself, 2 years ago. Another
Dane was badly injured at the occation.

Have a nice trip.