missing the season

Old December 21st 03, 09:39 AM
lizbubb

Default missing the season

I broke my collarbone on a mountainboard in September. Just found out it
hasn't joined and will need to be operated on. There'll be no snowboarding
for me this season.

:-(

So I want everyone who gets to the snow to do one run this year for me!

Liz

Old December 22nd 03, 03:55 AM
Dismantler

"lizbubb" wrote in message
.. .
I broke my collarbone on a mountainboard in September. Just found out it
hasn't joined and will need to be operated on. There'll be no snowboarding
for me this season.

:-(

So I want everyone who gets to the snow to do one run this year for me!

Liz

I feel your pain. I've had 0 days on the snow this year (not due to injury,
financial reasons).

Had less than 15 days last year, and 30+ the year before that (and 30+ both
years before that). Not enjoying seeing snow fall the same way I used to,
now I just feel frustrated. At least I still own my mountainboard (MBS
Blade), and don't have any broken bones!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and if I make it out this year, you'll get a
turn from me (guaranteed). I can DEFINITELY feel your pain.

Old December 22nd 03, 06:26 AM
RR

"lizbubb" wrote in message
.. .
I broke my collarbone on a mountainboard in September. Just found out it
hasn't joined and will need to be operated on. There'll be no snowboarding
for me this season.

:-(

So I want everyone who gets to the snow to do one run this year for me!

Liz

I'll sign up! Any preferences where you'd like the run?

Good luck with the op!

Rich.

Old December 22nd 03, 08:14 PM
Brian

Liz I dedicated my entire day yesterday to you. It was a great powder day.
I'm not sure if this helps. ;-)

Brian.

.. .

Old December 26th 03, 08:59 PM
Theodore Luigi Stungo

D'you know what - it really does! If I can't ride the snow I want to know
it's not being wasted :-)

I mashed a rib on my debut season last year and had to sit our half my holiday.
One of my friends, Kate, came back one evening and announced "hey, the best
powder..amazing..." as if I could do anything about it and appreciate it!

Bah!

Old December 27th 03, 06:00 AM
lizbubb

I mashed a rib on my debut season last year and had to sit our half my

holiday.
One of my friends, Kate, came back one evening and announced "hey, the

best
powder..amazing..." as if I could do anything about it and appreciate it!

Oh yeah, that's worse. If I was already on holiday and had to sit it out,
that would be harsh. I did have a trip booked but a friend is taking it so
it looks like I'll get my money back. Since this whole season is a washout
for me I'm really hoping I'm ok for summer so I can do the High Cascade
camp.

More than snowboarding, what's really getting me down is I'm not even
supposed to day-to-day stuff I enjoy like mountainboarding and yoga. I did
no real exercise for a few months thinking I would be up doing stuff again
when my collarbone was healed and I was going to take up capoeria again cos
I found out there's a school in the area I moved to. Now I'm condemmed to
running and I HATE running. Bah!

Liz

Late Season Skiing Chris General 0 December 23rd 03 12:10 AM
Board Season Kicks off Euro Style Greg Snowboarding 0 November 10th 03 07:28 PM
Season Pass Jonathan Root Snowboarding 2 September 8th 03 02:41 AM
Scotland Wide Season Pass 03/04 Mike T Snowboarding 18 August 22nd 03 05:08 PM
when does the season start in banff Sam Henderson Snowboarding 1 August 8th 03 04:41 PM