Skate Boots for Narrow feet

Old December 25th 05, 01:46 PM

Default Skate Boots for Narrow feet

Any recommendations for skate boots or solutions for narrow feet? I
tried, but can not find the Rossignol LVF models in 44-45. Thanks.

Old December 25th 05, 02:50 PM

Spero wrote:
Any recommendations for skate boots or solutions for narrow feet?

I tried a Solomon Carbon Pro Skate boot last year and it was way too
narrow for my feet. Perhaps this boot will work for you. Unfortunately
thugh, if it does work and you already have NNN bindings on your skis
you'll have to change them out for Solomon Pilot bindings.

Old December 26th 05, 12:57 PM

Ralphs Nordic Web wrote:
Spero wrote:
Any recommendations for skate boots or solutions for narrow feet?

I tried a Solomon Carbon Pro Skate boot last year and it was way too
narrow for my feet. Perhaps this boot will work for you. Unfortunately
thugh, if it does work and you already have NNN bindings on your skis
you'll have to change them out for Solomon Pilot bindings.

The Salomon Carbons seem to have a reputation as the most narrow boot
on the market. So for narrow feet, that's the place to start. Salomon
has stopped making the Carbon Skate boot, so shop fast if you're
interested. I believe the Race 9 (a wider boot that's quite a bit less
expensive) is outselling the Carbon by a wide margin, and that may
point to a retooling of the carbon boot.

Jay Wenner

Old December 29th 05, 10:41 AM

Alpina makes some new carbon skate boots that look smart and good when
I had them in my hand. Have not tried them on yet.

But best for you: it comes in three widths; narrow, normal and wide.
Get your local shop to import a wide pair.

http://www.oslosportslager.no/produc...ngrennsko.html

Old December 30th 05, 12:06 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I would try the Solomon but I have
NIS NNN Bindings. I like the Alpina, so I'll ask a dealer if they can
get them in the U.S.

Old January 2nd 06, 02:51 AM

Interesting about the Race Skate 9 outselling the Carbon. Two things
that come to my mind a first and foremost the huge price discrepancy
between the Carbon and every other top of the line boot. I mean, it is
really significant. Second, someone posted in this newsgroup some
weeks back weights of the major top of the line boots - and I was
surprised to see that the Race 9 was roughly the same weight as the
Carbon. I think that with the new grey/silver color of the 9, people
are deciding that the status of a silver boot (carbon) just isn't
anywhere worth the premium cost - in terms of performance. Just a
thought. I have Carbon classic boots and old (6+ year old) bumblebee
boots. I bought the Carbon classics because they really did fit and
feel better than the Race 9's and the cost difference between them and
the Rossy and Alpina boots didn't match what it would have cost me to
replace all my Sal. bindings to NNN, so I bit the bullet and payed the
high price. I'd buy Carbon Skates if/when I need new ones and if they
fit better. Other than that, I certainly don't need any performance
improvement over the 9's.

Camilo

Old January 2nd 06, 11:33 PM

On 1 Jan 2006 19:51:34 -0800, "Camilo" wrote:

Interesting about the Race Skate 9 outselling the Carbon. Two things
that come to my mind a first and foremost the huge price discrepancy
between the Carbon and every other top of the line boot. I mean, it is
really significant. Second, someone posted in this newsgroup some
weeks back weights of the major top of the line boots - and I was
surprised to see that the Race 9 was roughly the same weight as the
Carbon.

I'd like to see that -- I thought the Race 9 was heaviest, the
"Active" (third level model) was a little lighter and the Carbon the
lightest.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old January 3rd 06, 01:06 AM

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 1 Jan 2006 19:51:34 -0800, "Camilo" wrote:

Interesting about the Race Skate 9 outselling the Carbon. Two things
that come to my mind a first and foremost the huge price discrepancy
between the Carbon and every other top of the line boot. I mean, it is
really significant. Second, someone posted in this newsgroup some
weeks back weights of the major top of the line boots - and I was
surprised to see that the Race 9 was roughly the same weight as the
Carbon.

I'd like to see that -- I thought the Race 9 was heaviest, the
"Active" (third level model) was a little lighter and the Carbon the
lightest.

JT

I thought the same as you and was surprised. The thread was "Fischer
Boot Sizing" in November (see lengthy link below). The information
posted said that the Carbon and Race Skate 9 were virtually the same
weight. If you read the thread, you'll see a discussion on the source
of the nubmers, but regardless of the source, it seems that there just
isn't that much difference - that you're really not paying for a lot of
weight difference with the Carbons. As I mentioned earlier, I do have
a pair of Carbon striding boots and am very, very happy with them - but
that's because they really fit well and I like the way the sole is
flexible compared to the Classic 9's.

Here's a long link, which might work:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...6d83 a60bb872

Old January 3rd 06, 05:40 AM

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
I can tell you for sure that a 46 Fischer weighs 2+ oz less than a
45-1/3 Race 9 2nd generation bumblebee.

I bought a small scale recently, and just put my boots on it out of
curiosity.

classic boots:
'98 Adidas Nagano Classic size 44, 851g for the pair
'03 Salomon Carbon Pro Classic 44, 846g

skate boots:
'01 Salomon Racing Skate 9 (yellow/black), 43 1/3 (a bit of a squeeze
compared to all my other boots), 1263g
'05 Fischer S9000 with both sets of insoles installed, 44, 1234g