Fed up with busted & expensive stuff

Old September 3rd 03, 01:17 PM
Jeff Potter

Default Fed up with busted & expensive stuff

I'm starting to realize that XC is an expensive sport. Rats.

I'm sitting here with 3 sets of broken rollerskis on the workbench. I'm
annoyed.

My new Aeros are all flatted, offering only painful isometrics for
repairing.

My old Roletos have another stripped clutch. (Didn't I fool with this,
and pay and pay, all last winter? YUCK!)

My new/old Exels broke a tall, thin, flexy plastic wheel going around
the first corner last night. I'm going to see if I can find something
like penetrating superglue to fix it. The plastic is old, of course it
was going to break.

I can't find my second set of rollerski pole tips. So I'm sweating and
swapping tips from set to set. Grrrr. Where are those things. I must
have two sets around here somewhere. What a mess. All this equipment is
getting out of hand.

How to avoid these hassles? PAY AND PAY!

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old September 3rd 03, 02:48 PM
Rob Bradlee

--- Bob Creasote wrote:
Try mountain bike racing. You ain't seen nothing
yet!!!! Chains every few of

It's hard to convert mtn bikers into skiers, but at
least they don't balk at buying good equipment. They
are so excited that they can buy a top of the line set
up for less than a grand. Runners on the other hand,
are shocked by the cost of everything from poles to
trail tickets to race fees.

Rob Bradlee

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training

Old September 3rd 03, 03:32 PM
John O'Connell

Jeff,

I don't want to sound like an advertisement but I am on my 6th summer of
using the Marwe 610's with no repairs and I'm on the original tires and
wheels. I'm heaver than you or the average skier and have probably averaged
600 miles a year on these.

John OC

.. .

Old September 3rd 03, 03:54 PM
J999w

Yeah, but rock throwing is real cheap !

jw
milwaukee
Old September 3rd 03, 06:07 PM
Erik Brooks

Old September 3rd 03, 08:17 PM
Nathan Schultz

...or just get a good set of equipment to begin with.

Rolettos? When did they stop making those things? 1985?

I have probably put in 600 hours of rollerskiing on two pairs of Elpex
rollerskis over the last four years. Had to replace the wheels on my
skaters once, and still have a ton of wheel left. Classics are still
running well with nice round wheels.

-Nathan

Old September 3rd 03, 09:23 PM
Jeff Potter

Rob Bradlee wrote:

[ ] Runners on the other hand,
are shocked by the cost of everything from poles to
trail tickets to race fees.

I was thinking of running then realized that if I did that sport much
I'd be buying a couple pairs of pricey shoes every year. Man, I must
really be a bum! Well, I guess I've chosen freedom over a good job and
with freedom comes: NO PRICEY SPORTS.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old September 3rd 03, 09:24 PM
Jeff Potter

And chin-ups.

I'm getting into spear throwing, too. I treat it like archery. But it's
cheaper.

If you don't eat as much you don't have to work out as much either.

Old September 4th 03, 04:10 AM
Serge

Runners will be splurging on titanium knee replacements long before
you guys run out of skis that cost so much.
Old September 4th 03, 01:01 PM
Bob Creasote

Fools!

"Erik Brooks" wrote in message