Any erg freaks out there?

Old February 27th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

Default Any erg freaks out there?

Any of you all get on a rowing machine to stay fit for skiing? I've
got cabin fever and I'm sick of sitting on that damn machine instead
of skiing. Of course there is a solution for that.... No real point
to this post I guess. To any post, really. I'm (once again) on the
verge of just saying **** it all and packing my bags.

JP

Old February 27th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Jay Pique wrote:
Any of you all get on a rowing machine to stay fit for skiing? I've
got cabin fever and I'm sick of sitting on that damn machine instead
of skiing. Of course there is a solution for that.... No real point
to this post I guess. To any post, really. I'm (once again) on the
verge of just saying **** it all and packing my bags.

JP

Jay, the skiing at K has been fantastic the last few weeks. C'mon up.
Old February 27th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Jay Pique wrote:
Any of you all get on a rowing machine to stay fit for skiing? I've
got cabin fever and I'm sick of sitting on that damn machine instead
of skiing. Of course there is a solution for that.... No real point
to this post I guess. To any post, really. I'm (once again) on the
verge of just saying **** it all and packing my bags.

JP

Jay, the skiing at K has been fantastic the last few weeks. C'mon up.

I skied both places and I felt Pico has even better conditions over all but
you have much more to see at Killington.

If driving down to K-mart or Pico drive carefully, the troopers are out. I
got a speeding ticket this weekend.

Vtskier, I seen some one from Jersey with license plates saying VTSKIER. I
was following the car for about 30 miles.
Senzo broke the binding that were mounted on his Metron m10. I was told by
two different Atomic dealers that the bindings that were supposed be mounted
on the skis were Atomic Neox no other brands. He was doing a high speed
carve and hit a bump that sent him in the air. When he landed the skies
popped off and he went rolling. When we retrieved the ski we noticed that
the toe piece top din plate was missing and no where in sight. Upon a
closer look we noticed the top was cracked all the way down the center. I
just order the correct ones and then I called Marker about their bindings
they told me to take it to a Marker authorized dealer to be sent back to
them. I guess they will get me another set.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old February 27th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Feb 26, 7:37 pm, "Jay Pique" wrote:
Any of you all get on a rowing machine to stay fit for skiing? I've
got cabin fever and I'm sick of sitting on that damn machine instead
of skiing. Of course there is a solution for that.... No real point
to this post I guess. To any post, really. I'm (once again) on the
verge of just saying **** it all and packing my bags.

JP

I love the rowing machine. It's way more fun than any other cardio
machine at the gym, and I feel absolutely destroyed when I get off of
it.

Old February 27th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 26, 7:37 pm, "Jay Pique" wrote:
Any of you all get on a rowing machine to stay fit for skiing? I've
got cabin fever and I'm sick of sitting on that damn machine instead
of skiing. Of course there is a solution for that.... No real point
to this post I guess. To any post, really. I'm (once again) on the
verge of just saying **** it all and packing my bags.

JP

I love the rowing machine. It's way more fun than any other cardio
machine at the gym, and I feel absolutely destroyed when I get off of
it.

That's the good and bad of it. If you work it you know you had an ass
kicking workout.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old February 27th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

JQ wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message
Jay Pique wrote:
Any of you all get on a rowing machine to stay fit for skiing? I've
got cabin fever and I'm sick of sitting on that damn machine instead
of skiing. Of course there is a solution for that.... No real point
to this post I guess. To any post, really. I'm (once again) on the
verge of just saying **** it all and packing my bags.

JP

Jay, the skiing at K has been fantastic the last few weeks. C'mon up.

I skied both places and I felt Pico has even better conditions over all but
you have much more to see at Killington.

I agree, and Pico IS where it's at on a Saturday.

Yesterday I didn't have a bad run anywhere at Killington.

Favorite was gentle bumps down Escapade, across Cascade
to OMG steep Downdraft. Great snow all along. Skiing with
Billy (Berstein, that is) who likes Mach 6 but I take him
in the bumps to slow him down.

If driving down to K-mart or Pico drive carefully, the troopers are out. I
got a speeding ticket this weekend.

AND the speed limit along Rte. 4 between the access road and
the base of Sherburne Pass just got lowered last fall. 40 mph
I think. Got stopped just after it happened. Warning, no ticket.

I was hightailing it up the access road Sunday afternoon from
Pico to drop off stuff at our clubhouse in the Med Clinic.
Sheriff going the opposite way got me on radar and flashed his
lights at me. Didn't turn around to nab me though. Lucky!!!

Vtskier, I seen some one from Jersey with license plates saying VTSKIER. I
was following the car for about 30 miles.
Senzo broke the binding that were mounted on his Metron m10. I was told by
two different Atomic dealers that the bindings that were supposed be mounted
on the skis were Atomic Neox no other brands. He was doing a high speed
carve and hit a bump that sent him in the air. When he landed the skies
popped off and he went rolling. When we retrieved the ski we noticed that
the toe piece top din plate was missing and no where in sight. Upon a
closer look we noticed the top was cracked all the way down the center. I
just order the correct ones and then I called Marker about their bindings
they told me to take it to a Marker authorized dealer to be sent back to
them. I guess they will get me another set.

So you put Markers on the Atomics? I didn't think Markers would
fit the built-in rails on the Metrons. If I'm mistaken and it has
no rails, then anybody's binding is OK, and if the binding breaks
it's the responsibility of the binding manufacturer.

Lots of Marker dealers, by the way. Shouldn't have any trouble there.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old February 27th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

VtSkier wrote:

Yesterday I didn't have a bad run anywhere at Killington.

Neither did I.

//Walt
Old March 3rd 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G

On Feb 26, 9:37 pm, "Jay Pique" wrote:
Any of you all get on a rowing machine to stay fit for skiing? I've
got cabin fever and I'm sick of sitting on that damn machine instead
of skiing. Of course there is a solution for that.... No real point
to this post I guess. To any post, really. I'm (once again) on the
verge of just saying **** it all and packing my bags.

JP

You bet! We have a Concept 2, and it is an amazing piece of equipment.