Noquemanon Info Wanted

Old September 5th 04, 03:15 AM
Jeff

Default Noquemanon Info Wanted

I'm thinking of entering the Noquemanon this year, and am seeking
information about local lodging and transportation, as well as any info that
would be helpful for someone who hasn't been up to the U.P. since about age
9 or so. I'll be coming from Denver - haven't made up my mind yet about
flying or driving out.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Old September 5th 04, 11:27 AM
32 degrees

This is the place to stay Jeff.
http://www.nordicbaylodge.com/
They specifically cater to SKIERS - period.

JK

Old September 6th 04, 06:02 PM
Jeff Potter

It's a great race. But I hesitate at the $82 I paid last year. I
suppose I should pre-register about now to get cheaper rates. Sheesh,
that means planning ahead. There's a good post race party and that's
all that matters to me. --JP
Old September 6th 04, 10:37 PM
Jeff

"Jeff Potter" wrote in message
om...
It's a great race. But I hesitate at the $82 I paid last year. I
suppose I should pre-register about now to get cheaper rates. Sheesh,
that means planning ahead. There's a good post race party and that's
all that matters to me. --JP

For that much money, I hope you at least got a T-shirt! Thanks for the info
about the party - I'll be looking forward to it. Hey, that reminds me of
the RMD "Spring Fling" race they used to have out he 15k, Devil's
Thumb - to - Idlewild, with a rockin' barbeque at the old Idlewild day
lodge. Too much fun.

Old September 7th 04, 03:53 AM
Erik Brooks

I second Jeff's recommendation.