Still no snow in SoCal!

Old October 14th 03, 08:27 PM
The Real Bev

Default Still no snow in SoCal!

Since some have mentioned that stuff isn't going through, this is just a
test.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old October 14th 03, 11:05 PM
lal truckee

The Real Bev wrote:

Since some have mentioned that stuff isn't going through, this is just a
test.

How did you perform the test? Probe pole depth measure? Incident light
imaging (i.e.eyeballing?) Throw the baby out and see if it freezes?

I've tried all of these tests and more, hoping that at least one test
would reveal snow, but no luck. We officially have no snow either.

Just some tests.

Old October 15th 03, 07:35 AM
BrritSki

lal truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Since some have mentioned that stuff isn't going through, this is just a
test.

How did you perform the test? Probe pole depth measure? Incident light
imaging (i.e.eyeballing?) Throw the baby out and see if it freezes?

I've tried all of these tests and more, hoping that at least one test
would reveal snow, but no luck. We officially have no snow either.

None here either, but a spectacular autumn as we haven't had a leaf fall
on the normal scale yet this year due to continiuing absence of rain and
wind.

More tests....

Old October 15th 03, 04:35 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 07:35 GMT, BrritSki penned:
lal truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Since some have mentioned that stuff isn't going through, this is
just a test.

How did you perform the test? Probe pole depth measure? Incident
light imaging (i.e.eyeballing?) Throw the baby out and see if it
freezes?

I've tried all of these tests and more, hoping that at least one test
would reveal snow, but no luck. We officially have no snow either.

None here either, but a spectacular autumn as we haven't had a leaf
fall on the normal scale yet this year due to continiuing absence of
rain and wind.

More tests....

I keep seeing snow in the peaks, but then it melts away on the next warm
day. I just got an email from A-Basin, though, claiming they will open
on October 24 ... unless they don't.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please

Old October 15th 03, 05:00 PM
Sam Seiber

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
I keep seeing snow in the peaks, but then it melts away on the next warm
day. I just got an email from A-Basin, though, claiming they will open
on October 24 ... unless they don't.

Advantage A-Basin, they are going to open the High Noon run off of
the Exo lift. About 800' vert vs. the 1000' vert off Chair 1 at
Loveland. See:
http://www.freeskier.com/skiers/arti....cfm?refid=937

The race is getting interesting. At least I can follow Loveland
via their web cam (& Channel 9 news camera).

I don't care who wins. I have a pass in hand for each of 'em.

Sam "Eager for first turns" Seiber

Old October 15th 03, 09:35 PM
Dave M

lal truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Since some have mentioned that stuff isn't going through, this is just a
test.

How did you perform the test? Probe pole depth measure? Incident light
imaging (i.e.eyeballing?) Throw the baby out and see if it freezes?

I've tried all of these tests and more, hoping that at least one test
would reveal snow, but no luck. We officially have no snow either.

Just some tests.

OK, I'll test too ...

Nope, nothing yet. Probe pole hit concrete, discarded result as
unsatisfying. I used both baby and the incident light techniques next.
Results dismal. Three year old still screaming. Must remember that
computer is on second floor when conducting tests. Long fall.

Getting cooler here in the NW finally. Predictions of snow flurries
possible above 6K tonight and tomorrow. Only a couple of K left for
Schweitzer Mtn. Predictions of coller and wetter than normal for the
first half and then normal to slightly below for the second half. Who
makes this stuff up anyway?

I just keep staring at the W-B site and their webcams. Can't go there
'til just before X-mas but I can dream.

Dave

Old October 15th 03, 11:50 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 17:00 GMT, Sam Seiber penned:

I don't care who wins. I have a pass in hand for each of 'em.

Indeed. I just have the colorado pass, so A-basin is definitely
preferable =P

I wish there were an a-basin/winter park pass ...

Old October 16th 03, 08:34 PM
Sam Seiber

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

I wish there were an a-basin/winter park pass ...

My dream pass would be an A-Basin/Loveland pass. A couple
of years ago, it damn near happened. The Loveland owner tried to
buy A-Basin. Sadly, the deal failed (I have no nitty gritty
details of the deal).

Anywho, still running warm here in the flatlands just due east
of the CO mountains. Loveland hasn't made snow during the day
these last two days.

Sam "Summer sux" Seiber