Update on my ribs....

Old February 8th 05, 04:25 AM
ant

"snoig" wrote in message

I also throw in the wings in the oven for about 45 minutes at about 400
degrees before I fry them, just to render some of the fat out of them. It
makes the oil last much longer if you have a big batch (or do this for a
resturaunt) and it makes the wings fry up a bit faster and crisper.

Noted.
I'm planning to buy one of those civilised deep fryers (like on astro's
page) when I get home. We've never been a deep frying family, but this is
important.
I used to try baking them slowly, I used to fry them in the wok in butter...
it was just never quite right. Having the right sauce is key, too.

ant

Old February 8th 05, 04:26 AM
ant

"Chuck" wrote in message
ant wrote:

I'm going to take a couple of those big plastic containers of that home
with me. I just hope the baggage handlers don't burst it in my bags!

Just make sure take some wings in the same bag. If they do burst then it
won't be a total loss.

I'm actually seriously thinking of taking the sauce as carry-on. after they
busted my unbreakable plastic coffee plunger, anything is possible. adn
it'll make it easier to get it through quarantine.

ant

Old February 8th 05, 04:26 AM
ant

"LePheaux" wrote in message
"pigo" wrote in message

I like mine with blue cheese. You can get "Ranch" in dry packets that you
mix with mayo or sour cream or something like that.

Ya Me too.
I picked up the blue cheese thing in south florida's ale houses.
mmm mmmm good.

Is this dry packets in normal supermarkets? Taht could solve my problem. I
can never tell any huge difference between normal ranch and blue cheese
dresssing. I guess you could make ranch with this mix and sour cream, and
then squash some blue cheese into it.

ant

Old February 8th 05, 03:43 PM
Black Metal Martha

Just one last update:

The pain is nearly gone, so all's good. But, unfortunately, due to a
couple unforseen bills and a business trip, I won't be able to get up
until the week after President's weekend. Grrr.....

I'll be back with a vengeance soon.

Martha

Old February 8th 05, 08:05 PM
snoig

"ant" wrote in message
"snoig" wrote in message

I also throw in the wings in the oven for about 45 minutes at about 400
degrees before I fry them, just to render some of the fat out of them.

It
makes the oil last much longer if you have a big batch (or do this for a
resturaunt) and it makes the wings fry up a bit faster and crisper.

Noted.
I'm planning to buy one of those civilised deep fryers (like on astro's
page) when I get home. We've never been a deep frying family, but this is
important.
I used to try baking them slowly, I used to fry them in the wok in

butter...
it was just never quite right. Having the right sauce is key, too.

ant

I just use a big pot on the stove. If I had a deep fryer sitting in my
kitchen, it could be deadly for me.

I used to run a bar/restaurant up here in the high country and we used
Franks with a small bit of something sweet mixed in for the Intermediate
(medium) wings. For the Expert Only (hot!!) we use a cooked down, aged
habanero paste. It was torture hot but we still had the employees of the
local board factory come in and have contests to see who could eat the most.
The record was somewhere around 25.

snoig

Old February 8th 05, 08:06 PM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

ant wrote:
... I
can never tell any huge difference between normal ranch and blue cheese
dresssing.

Real bleu cheese dressing has big chunks of bleu cheese in it. Goes
well with the beer. And the snow. What more do you need?

Some venues (like the JPL cafeteria, for instance) substitute large
cottage cheese curds for real blue/bleu cheese. Yes, I checked. Good
blue cheese dressing is sour cream with a lot of crumbled blue cheese
and maybe some garlic. Anything else is adulteration.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old February 8th 05, 08:50 PM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Walt wrote:
ant wrote:

... I
can never tell any huge difference between normal ranch and blue cheese
dresssing.

Real bleu cheese dressing has big chunks of bleu cheese in it. Goes
well with the beer. And the snow. What more do you need?

Some venues (like the JPL cafeteria, for instance) substitute large
cottage cheese curds for real blue/bleu cheese. Yes, I checked. Good
blue cheese dressing is sour cream with a lot of crumbled blue cheese
and maybe some garlic. Anything else is adulteration.

Agreed. Bleu cheese dressing has to have real blue cheese in it.
Otherwise it's like getting a Ceasar salad without anchovies. What's
the point?

A day without anchovies is like a day without sticking a knitting needle
into your eye.

--
Cheers, Bev
Red ship crashes into blue ship - sailors marooned.

Old February 10th 05, 08:23 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-08, LePheaux penned:

Ya Me too. I picked up the blue cheese thing in south florida's ale
houses. mmm mmmm good.

If I can't get blue cheese with my wings, I don't get the wings. That simple.

God, I love blue cheese.

--
monique
Longmont, CO