Non-cotton underwear

Old December 13th 04, 02:53 AM
DZN

Default Non-cotton underwear

I wouldn't think about using cotton as my first layer on top; I use a good
wicking synthetic or silk. Same for long underwear bottoms. Some how,
though, it never occurred to me to wear anything but my regular cotton
briefs. They do get sweaty when I ski. SO, I'm thinking perhaps I should
get some other sort. Anyone have any views on whether its worth the money
to buy new underwear out of something more wickable?

Old December 13th 04, 03:14 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-13, DZN penned:
I wouldn't think about using cotton as my first layer on top; I use a good
wicking synthetic or silk. Same for long underwear bottoms. Some how,
though, it never occurred to me to wear anything but my regular cotton
briefs. They do get sweaty when I ski. SO, I'm thinking perhaps I should
get some other sort. Anyone have any views on whether its worth the money
to buy new underwear out of something more wickable?

I've thought about doing so, but I never quite got around the $15 or so price
tag *per undie*. (Anyone have better prices on women's wicking undies? IIRC
these were spotted at REI.)

I would imagine they would be more worthwhile for women than for men, as wet
underwear tend to lead to itchiness and infection in women.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old December 13th 04, 12:11 PM
gr

On 2004-12-13, DZN penned:

I wouldn't think about using cotton as my first layer on top; I use a good
wicking synthetic or silk. Same for long underwear bottoms. Some how,
though, it never occurred to me to wear anything but my regular cotton
briefs. They do get sweaty when I ski. SO, I'm thinking perhaps I should
get some other sort. Anyone have any views on whether its worth the money
to buy new underwear out of something more wickable?

I've thought about doing so, but I never quite got around the $15 or so price
tag *per undie*. (Anyone have better prices on women's wicking undies? IIRC
these were spotted at REI.)

I would imagine they would be more worthwhile for women than for men, as wet
underwear tend to lead to itchiness and infection in women.

www.sierratradingpost.com has good regular deals (and v.g. sale deals)
on various sorts of wicking underwear. I have a couple of the Wickers
brand and like them.
gr

Old December 13th 04, 12:54 PM
Mary Malmros

It's not like they cost that much. Go to sierratradingpost.com and look
at the Wickers underwear.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 13th 04, 02:14 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-13, Mary Malmros penned:
It's not like they cost that much. Go to sierratradingpost.com and look at
the Wickers underwear.

Well, still $10. It's "only" double what I pay for victoria's secret undies,
and almost certainly a lot more than a 3-pack of whitey tighties that your
typical guy buys =P

But thanks for the link. Now to guess which size applies ...

BTW, do you like the Wickers brand for other stuff (long underwear, etc)?

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old December 13th 04, 02:50 PM
Mary Malmros

On 2004-12-13, Mary Malmros penned:

It's not like they cost that much. Go to sierratradingpost.com and look at
the Wickers underwear.

Well, still $10. It's "only" double what I pay for victoria's secret undies,
and almost certainly a lot more than a 3-pack of whitey tighties that your
typical guy buys =P

And they'll probably last a lot longer.

But thanks for the link. Now to guess which size applies ...

BTW, do you like the Wickers brand for other stuff (long underwear, etc)?

Yup. Can't be beat at the price. I have a few things in other brands,
some of which have nice features, but you've got to spend a bunch more
money to get anything better.