Wedge between ski and binding

Old February 9th 04, 11:41 PM
Serge

Default Wedge between ski and binding

Does anyone know where they are available?
Salomon used to make it, but I haven't heard
about them in a long time.

Can anybody suggest a store that still has them?
I use wedges on my Speedplay pedals and my speedskates.
I think I am ready to try them on skis and rollerskis.
Old February 11th 04, 02:10 AM
Gary Jacobson

What orientation would you use them in? Thick side medial (inside) would
increase time of flat ski as you roll it out, but I believe they were
designed with the opposite orientation in mind.

Wouldn't an orthotic or foot support do the same thing?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

om...

Old February 11th 04, 02:22 PM
Serge

I would use them thick part on the inside.
When I balance on a flat ski my knee is 3" inside
from nose-knee-toe line which makes me think that I
need a wedge there since I am using wedges on everything else.

Orthotics would do the same job, but my boot fits me perfectly
and I do not want to change fit a bit.
Besides with wedges I can dial in the angle and experiment.

I've been through discussion about "orthotics and wedges"
mostly fueled by doctors, who want to sell you $400 orthotics
as oppose as buying $25 set of wedges and IMHO if boot
fits and nothing hurts, wedges should work as well or better.

Skaters were talking about wedges negatively (you can't use
anything inside speedskating boot), at least those who do not
pronate, until the most respected boot maker came up with the boot
that has 10 degree cant BUILT IN.
Old February 12th 04, 02:20 PM