Ski waxing stand

Old January 23rd 04, 01:28 AM
Adalbert

Default Ski waxing stand

agale wrote in message ...
Anyone have any designs for a homemade waxing stand.
I need to build one in a few days and I'd like to see if anyone else has
a good design.

AGale

....sorry...here is the text to go with the pictures...

Here is a simple wax bench made from 2 pieces of 2"x6"x75" cedar. It
is adjustable to fit any size or length of ski. The 1st piece makes
the base, which can be clamped into a "Workmate" or onto a table or
bench top. The other parts are cut from the 2nd piece of cedar,using
the camber profile of your most often waxed ski. These pieces slide in
the side rails to adjust for different lengths of skis. I also have a
wedge that fits in the back to adjust for extra camber when required.
The clamping pieces and rails are cut from the remainder of the 2nd
piece. I made this almost 10 yrs ago and it has worked great for me.
Here is the link to some pics."A pic is worth a thousand words"
Old January 23rd 04, 03:28 AM
agale

Thanks a lot. This is definately a "doable" structure that can be
portable as well. The only think I would have a problem with is
rounding the cedar to fit the ski profile. What did you use? planer,
sander?
I'm a university student so I'm a bit strapped for tools

Old January 23rd 04, 06:47 AM
Anders Lustig

agale wrote in message ...

Seeing I can't understand whats on the page, ha, how much did you spend
on this system. Its relatively simple yet looks quiet good. I like how
it uses your binding system for support.
How much is it?

http://www.johanlind.com/

Itīs listed at €50, but I snapped up mine for €10:-)
Other transportable (metal) stands(1) may come with legs,
but they cost twice as much, weigh four times as much
and donīt fit inside a shoebox.

(1) http://www.sporttikojootti.fi/sivut/voiteluteline.htm
for instance.

Anders
Old January 23rd 04, 01:04 PM
Nevalainen, Eric

I think the greater question is....is it available in the US?

e.

Anders spake:

Its listed at 50, but I snapped up mine for 10:-)
Other transportable (metal) stands(1) may come with legs,
but they cost twice as much, weigh four times as much
and dont fit inside a shoebox.

Old January 23rd 04, 05:27 PM
revyakin

I simply put a ski on a board, drew its contour with a marker pen, cut
the 2 profiles out with a $10 handsaw, and finished with a coarse
sandpaper.
In fact, I also was a student, And, actually, I made the bench right
in the living room of my dorm with 3 roommates looking.

Old January 24th 04, 12:07 AM
Adalbert

Adalbert wrote:
agale wrote in message ...

[...]

I used a saber saw, then smoothed and rounded with a rasp and
sandpaper. If you can't borrow a saw from someone, you should be able
to rent one cheaply.