Summer snowmaking in Colorado

Old August 7th 03, 12:50 AM
Sam Seiber

Default Summer snowmaking in Colorado

ant wrote:

Summer snowmaking?! Now I've heard everything.
Down here in Australia we have been recovering from a series of dumps.
And one is happening now (I'm taking the week off, have been teaching
every day since late June). Got some incredible skiing last week
during a 2 day monster, it was waist deep in the windblown areas. this
rarely happens down here. even if it doesn't snow again, we are set
until spring. Fortunately, more is falling and the fronts are stacking
up to our south west.
But we don't have summer snowmaking!

ant

Good to hear from you. Glad you have been receiving heaps (as they
say down there) of snow. I wish you *heaps* more! Just tiny
patches of snow left here in Colorado. Loveland told me yesterday
that they will begin snowmaking in about 7 weeks. We should
be able to ski there in a little less than 12 weeks.

As far as the summer snowmaking, I don't know if you have read
this entire thread, but it started off with a place in the Eastern
USA that does make snow in the summer. The topic drifted to
the thought of summer snowmaking at A-Basin. The Basin closed
July 2 this year, FYI.

Anyway Ant, keep us up to date with the down under snow reports.
Summer is real hot right now in Colorado, and reading about
snow cools me down a few degrees.

Sam "It's too hot in Colorado" Seiber