Montgenevre skiing(was Paging (Ms) WUN)

Old February 19th 10, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Montgenevre skiing(was Paging (Ms) WUN)

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:41:36 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Snowing like hell again today, and low cloud, so no skiing.

Why not? Just being lazy, or os it closed? Presumably this is
Montgenevre you're referring to?

Went over to
Italy (Sauze d'Oulx) yesterday. Very picturesque but more crowded than
Montgenevre. Fairly easy skiing, too. plus side: loads of mountain bars
and restaurants.

Yeah, the Italians do like their piste-side refreshments. Sking fro
Bar to Retaurant to Bar can have a certain appeal on occasion;-)

(x-posted to rsre to try and breath new life over there)
Old February 19th 10, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Snowing like hell again today, and low cloud, so no skiing.

Why not? Just being lazy, or os it closed? Presumably this is
Montgenevre you're referring to?

Yes, Montgenevre. Oh, it's open, but the visibility is really terrible
in the cloud. It's actually starting to clear as I write. So yes, it's
laziness. Blundering around in freezing fog isn't my idea of fun, and
going hell-for-leather in a resort I really don't know isn't a good idea
in these conditions.

Went over to
Italy (Sauze d'Oulx) yesterday. Very picturesque but more crowded than
Montgenevre. Fairly easy skiing, too. plus side: loads of mountain bars
and restaurants.

Yeah, the Italians do like their piste-side refreshments. Sking fro
Bar to Retaurant to Bar can have a certain appeal on occasion;-)

Otherwise known as 'syncopation'. While, as any fule kno, is a musical
term meaning an uneven movement from bar to bar.

(x-posted to rsre to try and breath new life over there)

Number One daughter and I went off with one of the guides for a smashing
day, skiing every black in the resort and most of the reds, while The
Doctor, mindful of her pinned knee ligaments, did the same with another
guide at a somewhat slower pace.

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Triumph Street Triple Honda CB400F
Suzuki TS250 Suzuki GN250 chateaudotmurrayatidnetdotcom
Old February 19th 10, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
'Hog

The Older Gentleman wrote:
Ace wrote:

Went over to
Italy (Sauze d'Oulx) yesterday. Very picturesque but more crowded
than Montgenevre. Fairly easy skiing, too. plus side: loads of
mountain bars and restaurants.

Yeah, the Italians do like their piste-side refreshments. Sking fro
Bar to Retaurant to Bar can have a certain appeal on occasion;-)

Otherwise known as 'syncopation'. While, as any fule kno, is a musical
term meaning an uneven movement from bar to bar.

(x-posted to rsre to try and breath new life over there)

Number One daughter and I went off with one of the guides for a
smashing day, skiing every black in the resort and most of the reds,
while The Doctor, mindful of her pinned knee ligaments, did the same
with another guide at a somewhat slower pace.

I've done a week in Sauze and really enjoyed it. You can tramp across the
range quite a way and back inside a day.

--
Hog

Old February 22nd 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike Clark[_2_]

In message 1je7wet.1wr5nll11dqr9sN%totallydeadmailbox@yahoo. co.uk
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

BrritSki wrote:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:15:03 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Snowing like hell again today, and low cloud, so no skiing.
Why not? Just being lazy, or os it closed? Presumably this is
Montgenevre you're referring to?

Went over to
Italy (Sauze d'Oulx) yesterday. Very picturesque but more crowded than
Montgenevre. Fairly easy skiing, too. plus side: loads of mountain bars
and restaurants.
Yeah, the Italians do like their piste-side refreshments. Sking fro
Bar to Retaurant to Bar can have a certain appeal on occasion;-)

It's largely why we do more skiing in Italy than anywhere else.

Or less, depending on how you define "skiing"

Ain't that the truth :-)))

I once remarked to an italian ski instructor about how empty the slopes
were in Italy when the visibility was not perfect. He replied that many
italians couldn't see the point in skiing if you couldn't admire their
style and dress sense....... ;-)

But I agree, even when touring the food is generally much better in
Italian huts.

Mike
--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,