Wedge vs. Stem; The Difference.

Old January 5th 05, 02:57 AM
Richard Henry

"ant" wrote in message
"Suzieflame" wrote in message
A Victims Diary : Anthea's Secret Thoughts

March 4 1999

Weight 198 lbs

er, what is that in kilos? I have no idea about pounds.

Divide by 14 to get stone.

Old January 5th 05, 04:13 AM
ant

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

"ant" wrote in message
"Suzieflame" wrote in message
A Victims Diary : Anthea's Secret Thoughts

March 4 1999

Weight 198 lbs

er, what is that in kilos? I have no idea about pounds.

Divide by 14 to get stone.

I'm a bit hazy on those, nowadays, too.

ant

Old January 5th 05, 04:17 AM
uglymoney

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:45:53 +1100, "ant"
wrote:

"uglymoney" wrote in message
I thought it was xxx. Did they have xxx and xxxx?

There was only XXXX (pronounced four X). It's Queensland beer, and has been
widely hated all over Australia for years, so they got rid of it to England.
Saw a lot of it over there, and stupid cheesy ads like "Four x, it's
Australian for BEER" (bull**** it is).

Anyway, I bought a
case of the stuff in the yellow can with a few x's on the label when I
was over there, and it was horrid, horrible stuff.

Yep, that was four X.

I switched to VB
for the rest of the trip, and found that to be satisfactory, if not
quite good.

we like VB a LOT (it's becoming the national beer, I think), although it was
re-brewed recently and I'm not sure about it. I have noticed that Americans
don't like it so much. Toohey's New is a bit smoother.

Just back from doing some Subaru snowmobiling. Fun, fun.

I thought VB was really unique. I can see why its becoming your
national beer. Hopefully the rebrewing didn't ruin its flavor.

nate
Old January 5th 05, 04:38 AM
bdubya

(snipt)

"ant" wrote in message
"Suzieflame" wrote in message
A Victims Diary : Anthea's Secret Thoughts

March 4 1999

Weight 198 lbs

er, what is that in kilos? I have no idea about pounds.

Divide by 14 to get stone.

I'm a bit hazy...

So the dividing by 14 worked, eh?

bw
Old January 5th 05, 05:14 AM
Norm

"ant" wrote in message
"Suzieflame" wrote in message
A Victims Diary : Anthea's Secret Thoughts

March 4 1999

Weight 198 lbs

er, what is that in kilos? I have no idea about pounds.

ant

2.2 kilos to one pound. 198 lbs=90Kilos.

Old January 5th 05, 06:43 AM

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:14:01 GMT, "Norm"
wrote:

2.2 kilos to one pound. 198 lbs=90Kilos.

You got the second but right, but the first bit is backwards. There
are (give or take) 2.2 pounds to 1 kilogram.
Old January 5th 05, 06:45 AM
Norm

wrote:

2.2 kilos to one pound. 198 lbs=90Kilos.

You got the second but right, but the first bit is backwards. There
are (give or take) 2.2 pounds to 1 kilogram.

Um, yeah... Dislexia is such a horrible affliction.

Old January 5th 05, 07:03 AM
rosco

"ant" wrote in message

"Suzieflame" wrote in message

A Victims Diary : Anthea's Secret Thoughts

March 4 1999

Weight 198 lbs

er, what is that in kilos? I have no idea about pounds.

Divide by 14 to get stone.

I'm a bit hazy on those, nowadays, too.

ant

2.1 kilos to the pound. 198x2.1=416k

Old January 5th 05, 07:14 AM
rosco

"ant" wrote in message

"Suzieflame" wrote in message

A Victims Diary : Anthea's Secret Thoughts

March 4 1999

Weight 198 lbs

er, what is that in kilos? I have no idea about pounds.

Divide by 14 to get stone.

I'm a bit hazy on those, nowadays, too.

ant

2.1 kilos to the pound. 198x2.1=416k

ummmm... 2.2lb/k=90lb oops

Old January 5th 05, 07:29 PM

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:03:48 -0700, rosco
wrote:

2.1 kilos to the pound. 198x2.1=416k

Uhhhhh .....no.