Wedge vs. Stem; The Difference.

Old December 29th 04, 04:16 AM
ant

"TCS" wrote in message

In fact I may never have been to VT. I've skied at Stowe. Is Stowe in VT?
Or
do they have their own state or country?

You are thinking of the Kingdom of Killington (or is it the Kommonwealth of
Killington?!). Stowe's in Vermont, and in Vermont you drink Magic Hat Fat
Angel. Be careful with that number 9 stuff, it has fruit in it.

ant

Old December 29th 04, 12:22 PM
Mary Malmros

TCS wrote:

I didn't buy for two
reason: the beer shelf is pretty full at home, and the Costco beer section
is not refrigerated.

Slight change of subject:

Coors is runing ads about always shipping their beer refrigerated - saying
"because you want it that way".

That's not the reason. Coors beer is not pasteurized. If it wasn't
refrigerated it would spoil. That's the reason - forget the hype.

My beer isn't pasteurized either, and it doesn't spoil without
refrigeration. A fermented beverage made with proper sanitization (NOT
pasteurization) shouldn't spoil.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 29th 04, 12:23 PM
Mary Malmros

foot2foot wrote:

Yes, but I still think you did a good job finding that info that
no one else including me had been able to find.

Thanks, but it was Google. I can't even remember what search terms I
used, but it wasn't terribly complicated.

Old December 30th 04, 01:57 AM
foot2foot

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
foot2foot wrote:

Yes, but I still think you did a good job finding that info that
no one else including me had been able to find.

Thanks, but it was Google. I can't even remember what search terms I
used, but it wasn't terribly complicated.

--

Yes, but you did well nonetheless. No one else had been able
to locate that information.

Good job.

Old December 30th 04, 04:07 AM
TCS

You are thinking of the Kingdom of Killington (or is it the Kommonwealth of
Killington?!). Stowe's in Vermont, and in Vermont you drink Magic Hat Fat
Angel. Be careful with that number 9 stuff, it has fruit in it.

ant

There is also the Kingdom of Breckenridge which, once a year, secedes from the
Union for their Ullr Fest. Great ice sculptures.

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Colorado is now open for skiing
Old January 1st 05, 07:25 PM
Richard Henry

"Sue" wrote in message

At the last annual count Britain had 544 breweries and rising.

One of the victories of the new world order.

When I was younger, it seemed that breweries were disappearing everywhere,
trampled by the Bud/Miller advertising onslaught.

Within the last few years, two first-class breweries have started up within
easy driving distance (Karl Strauss and Stone).

Maybe I shouldn't have said driving distance ... within easy bus-ride
distance.

Old January 2nd 05, 02:24 AM
ant

"Sue" wrote in message

I'm sure Scott didn't mean to denigrate Beer.
Beer is healthy and nutritious, and is the best temperance drink.

Oh, wait a minute - I think he's a tea-totaller, so perhaps he did.

He doesn't approve of beer, at all.

I'm not sure of the nutritional value of American beer, either, to be
honest.

ant

Old January 2nd 05, 02:36 AM
Walt

ant wrote:

I'm not sure of the nutritional value of American beer, either, to be
honest.

Try a Magic Hat no. 9. It's full of vitamin C due to the apricot
flavouring.

--
// Walt
//

Old January 2nd 05, 02:40 AM
Richard Henry

"ant" wrote in message
"Sue" wrote in message

I'm sure Scott didn't mean to denigrate Beer.
Beer is healthy and nutritious, and is the best temperance drink.

Oh, wait a minute - I think he's a tea-totaller, so perhaps he did.

He doesn't approve of beer, at all.

I'm not sure of the nutritional value of American beer, either, to be
honest.

You have never heard of the American beer-belly, then?