Royal Gorge reports 122K open

Old November 17th 03, 03:48 PM
Mark Eastman

Default Royal Gorge reports 122K open

If memory serves me correctly Royal Gorge reports about 30 inches of
snow.....with more expected this week. They say they have over 100K open.
I haven't seen it myself. If true that would make their system the largest
of those few places that are actually operating.

I also notice that Silver Star in B.C. and Soverign Lake nearby are open
with about 16 cm of overnight snow. I guess the snow action is out west for
the moment..

Mark

Old November 18th 03, 05:40 AM
Scott Elliot

Nickel Plate ski trails near Penticton, BC, south of Sovereign Lake/Silver
Star, has been open for a few weeks. We moved a BC ski team training camp
to Nickel Plate from Sovereign/Silver Star because of the better snow a
couple of weeks ago.

Some people are already skiing at Telemark which is at lower elevation
between Sovereign/Silver Star and Nickel Plate, but we haven't started
grooming yet. There is enough snow to groom at higher elevations at
Telemark, but we will wait for one more dump of snow before we start
grooming so that we will be able to have better conditions on all trails.

Scott Elliot
http://www3.telus.net/selliot/

ink.net...

Old November 19th 03, 02:50 PM