Advice for Perfect Father Son Alta Experience?

Old December 5th 03, 03:22 PM
Chester Bullock

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 at 16:47 GMT, H. R. Bob Hofmann penned:

Monique:

If you have a digital camera, maybe you could take a couple of photos
and make them available to those of us who know about DIY repair. We
could look at the photos and give an opinion if they could be done by
an amateur(sp?) or would need professional repairs to be done. My
experience with gouges is that home repairs usually work ok if the
gouges are cleaned out carefully before the ptex is dripped into the
gouge. There is no way to color match, if the skiis are bright
yellow, for example, but who cares as long as the bottoms are
reasonably smooth. I highly recommend getting the Tognar catalog, or
at least viewing it on the web. It will give you a good idea of what
tools are available for making repairs, and you can get somewhat of a
feeling for what repairs might actually cost the shop doing the
repairs.

Thank you for the offer! I just dragged the skis into the living room
to prep them for their first gig as models ... but upon closer
inspection, the damage really isn't that bad; not nearly as deep as I'd
remembered. The S.O.'s are the ones with worse damage, and he says he
isn't bothered by it, so I guess I have nothing to report.

Hope this helps, stay away from the rocks at Keystone and Breck. :-)

I guess it just surprised me that Keystone, tourist mecca and hence
presumably posh and protective (go alliteration, go!) would bust up my
skis, while A-Basin left no more of a mark than would a chamois cloth.

I guess that goes to prove what they say about assumption! It makes an
ass out of me and umption!

The only appropriate assumption about Keystone is that it will be icy
and crowded. 9/10 times this will hold true.

Hmm, have I mentioned how much I dislike Keystone? Poor trail layout,
bulletproof conditions all the time. The only saving graces or them are
the Outback (which takes forever and a day to get to) and night skiing
(which I do once or twice a year). I really only bought my KAB pass for
the A and B parts...

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old December 7th 03, 04:54 PM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message .. .
[...]

Monique - As long as you keep your sense of humor, life is good. Look
at it this way, now you don't have to worry any more about when you
get the first gouge on the skiis. It is sort of like the first ding
on a new car. :-)

Bob Hofmann

Old December 7th 03, 04:56 PM
snoig

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message .. .
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 at 03:27 GMT, snoig penned:

Besides, if you and the fiancée are nice to me and by me a few beers,
I may just let you use my ptex gun.

Where are you, again?

My fiancé is male and probably would prefer to be known as such =) (No
extra e on the end.)

Oops, my bad, I had German in HS.

But in my defense, check out dictionary.com. Here's the listing:

5 entries found for Fiancée.
fi·an·cé ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fän-s, f-äns)
n.
A man to whom a woman is engaged to be married.

Now the first line was something like 30 point and the second line was
around 12 point. I didn't notice the missing e on the second line.

snoig

Old December 7th 03, 04:57 PM
snoig

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message .. .
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 at 03:27 GMT, snoig penned:

Besides, if you and the fiancée are nice to me and by me a few beers,
I may just let you use my ptex gun.

Where are you, again?

Breck

My fiancé is male and probably would prefer to be known as such =) (No
extra e on the end.)

Well, I wouldn't assume anything else (you mentioned something about
ass, u and me in another part of this thread).

As far as spelling goes, either spelling is correct. I do use a spell
checker and checked the facts on that one just to be sure 8^).

snoig

Old December 7th 03, 11:54 PM
The Real Bev

"H. R. Bob Hofmann" wrote:

Monique wrote:
I just dragged the skis into the living room
to prep them for their first gig as models ... but upon closer
inspection, the damage really isn't that bad; not nearly as deep as I'd
remembered. The S.O.'s are the ones with worse damage, and he says he
isn't bothered by it, so I guess I have nothing to report.

Monique - As long as you keep your sense of humor, life is good. Look
at it this way, now you don't have to worry any more about when you
get the first gouge on the skiis. It is sort of like the first ding
on a new car. :-)

Sensible people just go out and deliberately scratch the car themselves
as soon as they get home. Consider it a mental health procedure.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old December 8th 03, 01:18 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 at 23:54 GMT, The Real Bev penned:

Sensible people just go out and deliberately scratch the car
themselves as soon as they get home. Consider it a mental health
procedure.

I'll agree with the "mental" part =P

They say I'm mental, but I'm just confused
They say I'm mental, but I've been abused
They say I'm mental cuz I'm not amused by it all
Not at all

-- The Eels

--
monique

Old December 8th 03, 04:56 PM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

The Real Bev wrote in message ...
"H. R. Bob Hofmann" wrote:

Monique wrote:
I just dragged the skis into the living room
to prep them for their first gig as models ... but upon closer
inspection, the damage really isn't that bad; not nearly as deep as I'd
remembered. The S.O.'s are the ones with worse damage, and he says he
isn't bothered by it, so I guess I have nothing to report.

Monique - As long as you keep your sense of humor, life is good. Look
at it this way, now you don't have to worry any more about when you
get the first gouge on the skiis. It is sort of like the first ding
on a new car. :-)

Sensible people just go out and deliberately scratch the car themselves
as soon as they get home. Consider it a mental health procedure.

Only an engineer keeps fixing things until they are broken, is that your background?

Bob Hofmann

Old December 8th 03, 11:16 PM
The Real Bev

"H. R. Bob Hofmann" wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
"H. R. Bob Hofmann" wrote:

Monique wrote:
I just dragged the skis into the living room
to prep them for their first gig as models ... but upon closer
inspection, the damage really isn't that bad; not nearly as deep as I'd
remembered. The S.O.'s are the ones with worse damage, and he says he
isn't bothered by it, so I guess I have nothing to report.

Monique - As long as you keep your sense of humor, life is good. Look
at it this way, now you don't have to worry any more about when you
get the first gouge on the skiis. It is sort of like the first ding
on a new car. :-)

Sensible people just go out and deliberately scratch the car themselves
as soon as they get home. Consider it a mental health procedure.

Only an engineer keeps fixing things until they are broken, is that your background?

Just a groupie -- wife and mother and mother-in-law to
super-tech-genius-guys. I ski better than they do, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
A: Top posters.